Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Organized Linen Closet

I am so much happier when my closets are organized.  So you can imagine how unhappy I was when I took a look at my linen closet and saw that it was somewhat of a disaster.
Here's problem number one - the closet is more than just a linen closet.  In addition to sheets and towels, it also is the home of photos and scrapbook supplies, bandaids, medicines, batteries etc.  It's a large walk-in closet that just needed to be organized.
I started by emptying out the closet and grouping like items together.

Here is the after.  There is nothing on the floor anymore.  I ended up relocating many of the older towels to the rag pile now.  

It is so much nicer to look at this closet now.  My kids linens are in my son's bathroom closet and each of their towels are in their own bathrooms.  This closet really only has the sheets for my bathroom and towels for guests.  

I hope you have a great weekend.  My plan for the weekend is to start my mud room renovation.  The wallpaper removal is hopefully tomorrow.  All members of the family will be enlisted for help.  Can't wait to share that with you.  Don't forget the Winter Blues Wednesday party link will be open until midnight tonight.
-Judy

21 comments:

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Your closet looks great! Can't wait to see your mudroom...

Lesa said...

The after is improved but I would be happy with the before!! You would faint if you could see my closets!! haha

Unknown said...

Judy, the closet looks great..

Pattie

AntiqueChase said...

I need to do mine too...Disaster I tell ya!

Lisa said...

I love the organization! I am going to be organizing a bunch of my closets. i really don't even have that many but boy are they a mess! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love it... makes me want to do a closet redo!

~Debbie

Crystal said...

I thought the first picture was organized.....the second looks great. Would you like to come spend the next 2 months at my house??? Just kidding....wonderful job!!!

laxsupermom said...

Your before is neater than my linen closet now. The after is gorgeous as well. I think I need to tackle my linen closet today. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Oh, to have a linen closet that large! Just lovely.

SLR said...

very pretty and organized...nice job!!

Traci said...

It looks great!! I LOVE having all the closets clean & organized.

Tammy @ Type A said...

oh my,love it. i'm a closet organizer too. i'm not happy if anything is out of place. it's a sickness i can live with and relate too. thanks for sharing, and i'm a tad jealous that you have a closet this size for towels. lol

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Ahhhh, it's looks so nice! I've gotta do mine. Maybe during April Vaca. ;)

Thanks for becoming a follower at Fuzzy Slippers Designs! I just became a follower of you. :)

Heaven's Walk said...

Yup......you have inspired me to organize my linen closet tomorrow..... lol! Great job! Do you hire out....???? lol!

xoxo laurie

......Michele @ Portlandia Vintage said...

Now that's an accomplishment! Well done.

At The Picket Fence said...

Ok...now that is an AWESOME space to have and you did a great job organizing it Judy! And I am seriously so excited about your mudroom transformation because I know it will be the little kick in the rear end of motivation I need to get started on mine! :-)
Thanks for linking up to Inspiration Friday~
Vanessa

Legacy of Love said...

nice and what a wonderfully large linen closet that is! All closets should be so spacious

Kate said...

I wish I had such a large linen closet, mine is a quarter of the size! Looks so nice and tidy now. Thanks for linking my Flaunt it Friday party! :)

Megan said...

wow. quite a project! but so worth it when it is done.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

What a great project- fantastic closet and so nice to have it all neat and tidy! Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Jodie said...

Love this! Beautiful and organized! My linen closet is small and in complete disarray. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jodie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...