Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

A Successful Party and an Award

Thank you all for making my first blog party a real success.  There were 56 links in all!  I'd say that was pretty awesome for a first party.   There were so many inspirational link-ups.  It was hard to chose which ones I would spotlight.  Here are a few I thought I would feature:

I love how Sarah turned a closet into a home office.  I love everything about this space.
Closet Makeover - Sarah from Three Boys
How clever of Vanessa to create the look of a window where there wasn't one.  Vanessa has teamed up with her sister Heather to form a new blog.  You should go and check out all of their great ideas.
Vanessa from At the Picket Fence

Janell has an easy to follow tutorial on how to make a pillow with piping and a zipper.  I've made tons of pillows, but never with a zipper.  I am self-taught on the sewing machine and never understood exactly how to put in a zipper. I can't wait to try this.  Maybe this week...I have some amazing fabric waiting. 
 
Pillow Tutorial Janell from Isabella and Max Rooms

Look at this beautiful runner that Kelly created using simple fabric and a graphic from the Graphics Fairy.  I absolutely love the look she created.
Rustic Runner  Kelly from Crazywego
Since the party was so successful and so much fun, I'm going to continue it on Wednesdays for a while.  The link will be open on Tuesday nights starting at 8pm EST.  I hope you will join in for all the fun.  I can't wait to see what you link up this week!




Next, I'd like to say a big thank you Katie from Ohh Baby for passing on the Versatile Blogger Award to me! I found her blog not too long ago. She's new to blogging and has so much to offer blogland.  I hope you stop by to check her out. 

image


The rules are:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Answer 10 questions
3. Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award

And the 10 questions are:

1. Why did you create this blog? 
I have always enjoyed decorating, sewing and crafting.  My husband and I do so many of the projects on our own.  We are both very handy and I thought this blog would be a great place to share my adventures in decorating with others.

2. What kinds of blogs do you follow? 
Home decor, DIY and crafting blogs.  I also follow some cooking blogs...mainly because cooking is not my strong suit (I'm hoping maybe they can teach me something).





3. Favorite make-up brand?

All of my makeup is Bare Minerals.  I discovered it when I was pregnant with my daughter and my skin was a hormonal mess.  It's the best.  It's all minerals...nothing else.  It's actually good for your skin.





4. Favorite clothing brand? 
Ann Taylor Loft.  Everything in that store fits me like it was custom made for me.  It's nice to go into a store knowing you can walk out of there with something.  I also love Ann Taylor when I want a more classic and elegant look.

5. Indispensable makeup product?  
Bare Minerals foundation.  It doesn't make you look like you have makeup on, but it evens out your complexion, and feels like you don't have any makeup on at all.  I don't leave the house without it.  It also has SPF in it which is awesome.

6. Favorite color? 
Aqua

7. Favorite perfume?
I don't have a favorite perfume as I rarely wear perfume.  

8. Favorite film?
It's a tie between An Officer and a Gentleman and Heaven Can Wait

9. What country would you like to visit and why?
I would love to visit Australia.  It seems like such a far away, cool place to go.


10. Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or forget blush on one side of your face?
Definitely blush.  

Now for the 7 blogs I’ve recently discovered.  These are all great and I hope you take a minute to go and check them out.


Again, thank you so much for making my first party so successful.  I can't wait to see what you link up this week.

- Judy

15 comments:

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Hi Judy!
Congrats on your award!!! Loved reading about you...we have so much in common!
Cindy

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Thanks for featuring my pillow project and fun to learn more about you! Janell

Kelly said...

I SO appreciate your featuring my runner! Thanks for the great blog and great new party! :)

Kelly

Tammy @ Type A said...

Judy, congrats on your award, and thanks so much for sharing it with me!!!

Jennie said...

Hi Judy! I am experienced with sewing and zippers of all sorts. If I can ever help you let me know! I missed your link party but I will be back and will try again on Wednesday!

Melissa Miller said...

Very nice party Judy! Congrats on that and your award as well. I will be be joining your next one for sure. Thank you for the invite.

Happy day to you sweet friend.
Warmly, ~Melissa :)

The Pilot's Wife said...

Wow, congratulations, and thank you for passing this on to me!!! I will get the post up tonight or by tomorrow at the latest!

Anna, The Pilot's Wife
http://www.pilotwife.blogspot.com

Allyson Pecilunas said...

Congrats on your award!! I am not sure if you got my email but I had some glitches in my blog and had to recreate a new one will you please come follow me there its noplacelikehomeally.blogspot.com

Sarah, Three Boys said...

Thanks so much for the feature!! Everyone had such great projects, i hope you do continue this party is was a great one!
s

Mostly Food and Crafts said...

I'm following! Thanks for commenting on my post I don't know why I havent been by your blog before I try to make it a point to check out all my followers blogs.

Danielle

Allison Nicole said...

Thank-you for your sweet comment! I'm following you as well now! :) Allison

liz@alittlepeaceofhome said...

congratulations!! i'm your newest follower! and i love bare minerals, too!

At The Picket Fence said...

Hi Judy! I'm so sorry I'm just now making it over here! Crazy day! Thanks so much for featuring me you sweet friend you and I'm so glad to hear that you are going to keep your party going. Such a great way to meet new folks and get new ideas! I'll see you back here on Wednesday! :-)
Vanessa

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

I think its super sweet of you to mention blogs that you have discovered that are great. So many people out there just want to be discovered and its people like you that help them to be seen. Great Post!! YAY!!

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Oh my goodness! I'm impressed how your owl turned out. So adorable. I also LOVE your darling blog. I'm so honored that you nominated me for the award. I will work on accepting it asap. (I need to decide who to pass it on to!)

Warmly, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...