Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day.  When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.  ~Author Unknown

Happy Valentine's Day!  I hope your day is filled with love.
If you remember, I did a project where I created a Love Notes jar a few weeks ago.  You can check out how I made this here.
Since then,  everyone in my family has been leaving each other love notes.  I got several e-mails and comments asking me to share some of the notes.  Last night after dinner we sat around and distributed the notes.  We each took turns reading aloud.  Here are a few that my kids wrote:
My daughter's nickname is "Pup"
The costs of the Love Notes jar was less than a few dollars.  The value of these notes...priceless.  My daughter said she loved doing this so much she thinks we should make it a monthly thing.  I agree.  Everyone felt so good reading the nice (and funny) things that were written.  My kids couldn't wipe the smiles off their faces.  This was really such a simple project that yielded such a deeper result.

Isn't that what Valentine's Day is really about?


I'd also like to take this time to thank Emily from The Toasted Coconut,  Allison from Leomommyof4, and Heather from Whatitsallabout4u for awarding me the Versatile Blogger award.  It is so sweet of you to think of me and present me with the award.




The rules are:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Answer 10 questions
3. Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award

And the 10 questions are:

1. Why did you create this blog? 
I have always enjoyed decorating, sewing and crafting.  My husband and I do so many of the projects on our own.  We are both very handy and I thought this blog would be a great place to share my adventures in decorating with others.

2. What kinds of blogs do you follow? 
Home decor, DIY and crafting blogs.  I also follow some cooking blogs...mainly because cooking is not my strong suit (I'm hoping maybe they can teach me something).




3. Favorite make-up brand?

All of my makeup is Bare Minerals.  I discovered it when I was pregnant with my daughter and my skin was a hormonal mess.  It's the best.  It's all minerals...nothing else.  It's actually good for your skin.




4. Favorite clothing brand? 
Ann Taylor Loft.  Everything in that store fits me like it was custom made for me.  It's nice to go into a store knowing you can walk out of there with something.  I also love Ann Taylor when I want a more classic and elegant look.


5. Indispensable makeup product?  
Bare Minerals foundation.  It doesn't make you look like you have makeup on, but it evens out your complexion, and feels like you don't have any makeup on at all.  I don't leave the house without it.  It also has SPF in it which is awesome.

6. Favorite color? 
Aqua

7. Favorite perfume?
I don't have a favorite perfume as I rarely wear perfume.  

8. Favorite film?
It's a tie between An Officer and a Gentleman and Heaven Can Wait

9. What country would you like to visit and why?
I would love to visit Australia.  It seems like such a far away, cool place to go.

10. Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or forget blush on one side of your face?
Definitely blush.  

Now for the 7 blogs I’ve recently discovered.  These are all great and I hope you take a minute to go and check them out.

Hope you have a great day.  Don't forget the Winter Blues Wednesday party.  The link will open up Tuesday night at 8pm EST.

Hope to see you all then.

-Judy
untitled
Debbie's Newbie Party

15 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Sweet post! Happy Valentines day!!~ XO

Melissa Hare said...

Hi Judy! Thank you so much for this award. You're very sweet!

I have to say, I adore your love notes jar. I may start one with my husband. There's nothing I love more then sweet notes. What a great idea!

Happy Valentine's Day.
Melissa

Lisa said...

Yeah Thank you! I will be setting up a post to answer my 10 questions! I am so honored thanks!

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

Aw!! Thank you so much!!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Love the jar! Priceless messages!
Have a sweet day!

Shel said...

Love this post! Happy Valentine's
Shel

Rachael@Lovely Crafty Home said...

Thank you so much for the award!!

At The Picket Fence said...

So sweet Judy! I'm trying to think of ways to do this with my kiddos even though my youngest doesn't write yet...maybe she could draw pictures? :-)
Happy Valentine's Day!
Vanessa

Unknown said...

So glad you found my page so that I could find yours! I'm now a follower and I "liked" your page on Facebook. Can't wait to continue reading :) Have a fantastic Valentine's Day!

Suze said...

I love that idea and thanks for sharing. . . I think I am going to copy if you don't mind :)

laxsupermom said...

Those notes are so sweet! It's so nice that your kids have such nice things to say about each other. Thanks so much for the award!

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome idea! I agree with your daughter, definitely something to do year-round. Can't wait to try this out with the family! Thanks for commenting on my post...I'm your newest follower;o)

Anonymous said...

Your daughters room is gorgeous! I love it! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I am now your newest follower! Have a FAB night!

Unknown said...

Hi Judy! Sweet post here! I am your newest follower! lovin¡ your blog!

Anonymous said...

Cute love note jar!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...