Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Home...The Perfect Nest

I found this frame in the clearance aisle of Home Goods for $3.00.  What I liked about it was that it was flat and it would be easy for me to make it into something a little more special.
I started by looking through my stash of scrapbook paper and letters.
Now which paper to pick?
This one was cool, but not exactly the look I was after.
I liked this one.  It had a blue/green color and the darker dots are raised.
I took the frame and the paper and placed them both upside down on a cutting board.  Using my knife I cut around the frame to make the paper the exact size.
I then used the same knife to cut away the center of the paper as well.
Using a corner cutter, I clipped each of the four corners of the cut paper.
Using Mod Podge I glued the paper onto the frame.  I only glued the back.  I didn't apply any Mod Podge to the top because I liked the texture of the paper and didn't want to affect that.

I used adhesive ribbon to cover the edges around the center section.
You can see better in this picture the four corners that I used the corner cutter on.
I used adhesive letters (which I had to add a little glue to since they are so thick and didn't really stick too well).
Some more embellishments and I was done.  Now I just have to find the perfect picture.

I love the frame now.  It was such a simple project.  Let me know what you think.  I always love and appreciate your comments.
Don't forget the Winter Blues party is open through tonight. You can still link up your projects.
Have a great weekend.
-Judy

22 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

I think it is the cutest framer ever! nice job Judy...have a great weekend. XO

Brandi said...

So adorable!

A Vintage Vine said...

You really dressed this up! Great job!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great project, Judy! I really like the paper you chose. This would make a wonderful gift for new homeowners, especially with the wording you used.

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

How cute!

Erika . . . with a K said...

Turned out great!

laxsupermom said...

Love the frame! It turned out so cute! I just love all the scrapbook papers that are out there right now. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

You do have a creative mind... It turned out so cute...have a great weekend

Pattie

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Gorgeous. I am amazed at how you can see a simple frame and then think of this. It is fabulous. Hugs, Marty

Marie C. said...

This frame is beautiful! Very nice work.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

So creative, you did a GREAT job!!!

Anonymous said...

Really cute! I love the cut outs in the corners!

A Thrifted Market said...

I think you are super creative and I love it!

The Tuscan Home said...

Adorable, I love it! XOXO ~Liz

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Judy~ It is absolutely adorable! It came out soo darling!! Thanks for sharing at my party! :)

Sarah said...

This is so pretty, I love the colors!

Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Deanna said...

GREAT job! I love how this turned out and a fun transformation.

Anonymous said...

different

Gypsy Heart said...

Looks great! Perfect sentiment too. I love doing things like this...thanks so much for sharing.

Pat

At The Picket Fence said...

I love it Judy! So adorable! Thank you so much for your sweet comments today...I've been out of town and it was so nice to come home and read everyone's lovely words! :-)
Blessings to you friend,
Vanessa

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors and the simplicity of the sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo party!

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Very clever use of scrapbook supplies. Thanks for sharing on Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...