Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Five Minute Project

After dropping the kids off at camp yesterday, I decided to go and get a pedicure.  I tried a place near my kids camp that I have never been to before.  For starters, it was the best pedicure I have ever gotten.  Since it was an impromptu decision, they had to give me a pair of "throw away" flip flops to wear.  However, in this place the flip flops weren't just paper or something disposable...they were actual flip flops.
As soon as they put them on my feet,  my mind immediately went to what I could do with these.
Using my trusty hot glue gun and cutting flowers off an old basket I had in the closet from the early 90's I decided to embellish the flip flops for my daughter to wear.
I started with a large flower and glued smaller flowers along the sides.
Voila! In less than five minutes I made the cutest flip flops for my 11 year old daughter.  

Hope you stay cool and have a great weekend!

-Judy

7 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Glad to see the heat hasn't turned your brain to mush, Judy! I'll bet the pedicure felt good and I could just see you itching to get home and do something with those flip flops. Great idea, too. I have a couple pair of those type in my closet.

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Ok, as you know I looooove flipflops!! These are just too cute!! And the pedi, well every lady needs that special "me" time!!
Blessings!!

Susan Anderson said...

You are so clever, Judy. I'll be you never waste anything! You just turn into something better.

=)

At The Picket Fence said...

Absolutely adorable! It doesn't surprise me at all that you decided to transform those! :-)
Vanessa

Nicole @ Two and Two is 4 said...

Cute!!! Such a great idea!!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Such a quick and cute way to pretty up a pair of plain flip-flops - and I love your pillows in the prior post - they are beautiful!!

Los Angeles SEO said...

Cute! Way to bedazzle your flip-flops.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...