Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Crafty Spring Vignette

With the warm weather and Easter just a few weeks away, I decided to create another spring vignette.  
I bought this cute oval shaped embroidery hoop from JoAnn's.
Using buttons I have collected over the years (you know how when you buy clothing they often give you an extra button...well this is the box I keep them all in), I embroidered a spring design.
I just free-handed it, but you could use a pencil and draw out your design first.
I started by adding a remnant of fabric I had leftover to use as a runner for my table.
I leaned the embroidery hoop on a vase with a flower topiary 
I created my topiary using a flower punch, scrapbook and straight pins.
I tied it off with a bow and added a little bird on top.
My sweet little bunny...well I made him about 17 years ago in a ceramics class I took with a few friends.
He was one of my first projects in that class.  Isn't he so cute!!
On the other side, I added a shallow crystal bowl filled with burlap 
and a few more crocheted roses I made.
What do you think of my "crafty" spring vignette?
Can't wait to hear what you think.

-Judy

Pin It

17 comments:

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Love the little embroidery especially!
Lorraine

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

How cute is that, Judy! I love your bunny! Remember when those ceramics places were all over the place. My Mom did that a few times {years ago} and I have some of the pieces she made that she gifted to me.

Gina said...

That is such a cute vignette, Judy! Your embroidery looks great and your ceramic bunny is too cute!

Mel said...

awww, so sweet and lovely. I really like your bunny, you did a great job on it. I am almost inspired to do some embroidery, since yours is so darn cute.

Susan Anderson said...

I love that Happy Spring with the buttons.

And the crocheted roses look great!

=)

Unknown said...

That is so adorable. Great way to kick off Spring!

laxsupermom said...

Love your vignette! You've really been crafting a ton, lately. That bunny is so cute! I'm so impressed that it was a beginner project. The embroidery turned out great and I love the topiary, too! Thanks for sharing.

Alicia @ Sweet Ava Kate said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your kind comments. I'm following you back and looking forward to browsing your blog. Have a great weekend!

anitamombanita said...

Very sweet and perfect for the season.

Pondside said...

I really like the way you used the buttons on your little bit of handiwork - very sweet, indeed!

Sabrina said...

So cute!!! What a fun project for spring! :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

The embroidery hoop project is perfect for my little granddaughter...thanks for the project!!...

Anonymous said...

It's lovely. And the bunny is adorable -- you could sell those.

KDL said...

You are very crafty! I like the embroidery, especially. Looks cute, but not too long. I recently started doing a small needlepoint kit...crafts are kind of my break from reality every once in a while.

Ames said...

It's cute and it makes me want to bring down my button jar and start crafting!~Ames

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

very cute I wish I had your talent

Jenny said...

I am really enchanted with your lovely ideas!

I forgot all about those hydrangea paper flowers. I want to give those a try.

As for the needlework...I am radically bad at things like that so I'm just gonna have to admire yours!

Thanks for linking.

A+

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...