Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

How to Transform an Ugly or Damaged Mirror

Yesterday I revealed my nephew's room that I decorated.  
The mirror over his dresser didn't start off looking like this.
It actually started off looking like this...
It was a cheap mirror that my brother had.
As you can see the mirror was not in the best shape.

Using fabric I already had and mod podge, I decoupaged the frame of the mirror. 
 For the corners, I just folded them to form a miter.
Then on the inside edge of the frame, I hot glued twine all around.
The finished mirror is the perfect compliment to my nephew's room.
For my niece's room, my brother had a beat up old full length mirror he wanted me to transform.
As you can see, the mirror frame had quite a bit of damage.
For this mirror, I used my friend Mr. Contact Paper.  
You know I love contact paper!!
Contact paper covered all evils on that mirror.
Plus it coordinated with her wall color so well.
Two ugly mirrors transformed using things I already had in the house.

Don't forget to stop back tonight for my Swing into Spring party.


The party opens at 8pm EST.  Hope to see you then.

-Judy

Pin It

10 comments:

Gina said...

What clever ideas, Judy! They both look wonderful too.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Judy,

It's an amazing difference with both mirrors.

Dee

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Great ideas...they came out so nice!
Lorraine

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great job, Judy! Especially with the mirrors themselves in good shape, I guess it is just a matter of figuring out what you want to do to perk up the frames. Love the fabric idea ~ I think those French script fabrics would look fantastic on a mirror frame!

Mrs. Handyverger said...

Lovely! I have to ask, though, where on earth do you find such pretty contact paper? Maybe I just haven't really *looked* for any lately. :)

Unknown said...

Great Ideas! I love recycling.

At The Picket Fence said...

What a fantastic idea Judy! It looks so cute!
Vanessa

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

FAbulous idea and the new little boys room is just gorgeous. Love it. Hugs, Marty

Emreen said...

Wow ! Amazing transformation... You have done a wonderful job with the mirrors.. !!

Rachel said...

I've never thought to use fabric to cover frames. Great idea! Looks great too. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
Rachel
adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...