Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Spring Mantle

It's only March 1st, but it is time to start bringing Spring into my home...
whether or not the weather wants to cooperate.  
It is time to Springify (don't even think that's a word) my mantle.
The weather has been overcast and rainy/snowy here for the past two days 
which makes it challenging to get a great photo.
For Spring I wanted a fresh look for my mantle.  I decided to create my design
 using lots of crystal and green.

This is one of my favorite new additions to my decor.
  

Gina from Random Thoughts from an Incoherent Mind  had a cloche with a bird on it that I just loved.  The day before I had seen it on her blog I had seen something similar in Home Goods (but had walked by it not thinking I had anywhere to use it).  After seeing Gina's,  I literally ran back to Home Goods...thankfully they still had it.  Thanks Gina for the inspiration!!
I filled mine with small birds nests at the bottom and speckled brown and cream eggs.
To finish it off I tied it with the left over grosgrain ribbon 
from my guest room embroidered bolster pillow.
On one side of the mantle I have a decoupaged letter "K" sitting on top of two paper boxes I made.  
You can check out my video tutorial on how to make these boxes here.
I added vinyl letters cut from my Silhouette machine to the boxes.
The frame has a piece of scrapbook paper and two birds cut out of 
burlap.  The burlap is from my daughter's area rug that was shipped to us UPS.
 The burlap was used as part of the packing process to ship the rug.  Nothing goes to waste here!
On the other side I have more candles and a stack of books tied in ribbon.
This little vignette has to be my second favorite thing next to my apothecary jar.  
I tied the books using a ribbon and key I had from a Pottery Barn gift.
The crystal bowl has green silk fabric wrapped around some faux
flowers I had in a closet.  The little bird I grabbed while on the checkout line
at Home Goods.  I guess I'm one of those people who fall for that stuff they
have on the checkout line to entice you.
My little bird has potpourri in him to freshen the room too.
I just love the fresh Spring look my mantle has now.
Now if I could only get the weather to cooperate!
Can't wait to hear what you think.

Have a great day.
-Judy

Pin It



32 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love what you did with the mantel I love cloches.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love it, Judy! Who cares what it says outside the window! : ) We've been lucky so far this week; although, it's crazy here. It was 66 yesterday, 58 for today and 60 something tomorrow. After that they are calling for snow showers on Sunday and Monday. Crazy!

I love the cloche! I just got a little cake plate at Tuesday Morning and I'm going to be looking for cloche to sit on top of it. Plus, I've been looking for some reasonably priced eggs to put in a tall apothecary jar I have. It's sitting empty right now and looks pathetic.

Debbiedoos said...

Birds are chirping as we speak. You mantel is so pretty. Love the cloche, how cute!

Miss Kitty said...

Oh gosh! Your mantle looks amazing and so light and fresh with that spring green color and glass objects. Thanks so much for sharing your pretties with us!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh so beautiful. I love your mantel vignette. The new apothecary jar with the bird top is stunning, I have the cloche and I love it. So beautifully done. Hugs, Marty

At The Picket Fence said...

It looks lovely Judy! Way to go saving the burlap! There is snow on the ground here but I am springifying my house too anyway. Sometimes you just have to help it along, you know? :-)
Vanessa

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I like that you used a pale shade of green, it gives it such a light and airy feel, perfect for Spring. And, I'm totally loving your eggs in the jar.
I'd love for you to come link your craftiness up at my *Get Creative* party
http://www.justalittlecreativity.com/2012/02/get-creative-party-3-and-fun-features.html
Hope to see you there!
-Molly

Jen said...

So pretty. I love that little bird on the top of the crystal jar! Sweet.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Your mantle is really pretty...too pretty actually. It looks like something you'd find in a decorating magazine. lol I'm SO glad Spring is just around the corner in 19-days!

Linda said...

Your mantle says SPRING..
I love that cloche with the bird on top. HMMM , maybe I can visit
Homesense... Our Canadian Home Goods.
Yes we have snow and more snow.
We are all anticipating the first signs of spring.

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Looks great. Love the crystal. The eggs are perfect for spring too. We just got about 4 inches of snow last night - so not much in the spring mood either around here.

Gina said...

Your mantel looks so pretty! It's perfect for Spring. I love the soft green and with the crystal & gold accents, it looks elegant as well. I'm glad to hear my cloche inspired you!

I can see why you love that little vignette on the end. It's the tiny details like the ribbon & key around the books that make it so special.

anitamombanita said...

I'm a lazy decorator meaning I don't do seasonal decor....barely even for Christmas. I do, however, have an image on my Alphabe-Thursday post that looks like it came from your house... heehee...

Diapers and Divas said...

Really really cute! I like how you tied up the books. Such a simple touch...but sooooo sweet! Happy spring!

Susan Anderson said...

I can't imagine decorating for Spring yet because the weather has to get me in the mood first, and we're having sort of a late winter here.

Looks great, though!

=)

Donna Heber said...

Hi Judy,

Your mantle looks gorgeous as well as your pretty cloche! I'm ready for spring so bring it on :-)

Unknown said...

I love what you created for your mantle. The bird's nest is my favorite.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

BEAUTIFUL Judy! Love that second shot!!

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

love it It snowed here all day yesterday so spring is a ways off

Jo said...

I have just started decorating for spring ... it is such a pretty season! Your display is beautiful!

Suzy said...

Your mantle is just lovely, Judy! I love the softness of the colors. Pretty, pretty, pretty!

Stacey said...

Your mantel is very sweet and sophisticated - just lovely! I am currently having a linky party on my blog and I would love if you came by to link this up! I would love to have you!
Stacey of Embracing Change
http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

Mariaelena said...

Love it!!...looks so simple and lovely...always a perfect combination...going to pin it now...xo, Mariaelena

Cynthia said...

Love the mantel I love the cloche.

Cindy Adkins said...

Your mantel is lovely - so fresh and spring-looking!
Cindy

chateau chic said...

Your mantel exudes Spring! The green with the crystal and glass are very soothing. Love what you did inside your apothecary jar.
Mary Alice

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

What a beautiful mantle vignette! I love the spring touches, specially the shade of green in the candles... looks so pretty with the crystals. I love how you tied the book bundles with ribbon and the key tag. Your bird cloche filled with the nest and eggs looks so perfect for a spring theme... love it! Thanks for this inspiring post! Have a great weekend!~Poppy

H said...

Your mantelpiece looks beautifully delicate. What a lovely highlight to the room. I hope the weather co-operates soon.

Christina said...

your mantle look so pretty!! I really love your cloche :)

Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

Jenny said...

I have a mantle. Now I just have to see if I can find pretty spring-like things to put on it. So far it is adorned with hammers, nails and measuring tapes!

Your lovely grouping is definitely much more outstanding!

Thanks for linking up! A+

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Very pretty Judy! Well done! Stopping by from Fox Hollow Cottage.

Shannon Fox said...

Thanks so much for sharing! It's a stunning mantel. So very light and airy with the pretty crystal. The green is the perfect shade for Spring too. It's all lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...