Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Paper Bow Tutorial

When wrapping a gift, it's always nice to add a pretty bow.  Here's a simple tutorial for you to create one out of things you already have in the house, in just minutes.
I made this bow using scrapbook paper.
  I used thin scrapbook paper, rather than cardstock,
as it is much easier to work with for this project.
I made this bow out of a magazine page.
Here's how you do it...
You will need to cut your paper into 9 strips all 3/4" wide.  The first three are the full length of the page (in this case 12").  The next three strips are 1" shorter (11"), the next two strips are 2" shorter (10") and the last strip is 3 1/2" long.
Next I twisted each strip as shown (it sort of looks like a figure eight).
The 3 1/2" strip I rolled and glued it into a circle.
I stapled each one to create the figure eight.  
You could staple it or tape it or glue it.  It was just faster for me to staple it.
Then I took the first three full length figure eights and laid them one on top of the other alternating direction.  I glued each one together using a glue stick.
 Then I continued in size order gluing each one on one and a time.
  I ended with the circle glued to the center of the bow.
It's really that simple.  You will never buy a store bought bow again.
I hope you will try this project.
Have a great day.
-Judy
Pin It

17 comments:

Gina said...

Oh my goodness! Is it really that easy? That's awesome...thanks for sharing!

bj said...

This is really interesting. I have never been able to make a pretty bow. Now, maybe I can. thanks....

Over from House in Roses...:)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I would never have thought to make my own bows like this, Judy. This is a really neat project and I have tons of scrapbook paper. I like that you could coordinate it with either the paper or the gift itself depending on the scrapbook paper you use.

Lindsay said...

Thanks for the very awesome tutorial! I pinned this for later!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This is so cute and so clever. I need to remember this. Hugs, Marty

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Very sweet! Great easy project!
Lorraine

Jamie said...

Gorgeous bow! I will be making a few of these...
~Jamie

At The Picket Fence said...

I remember making one years ago but I'm pretty sure it never looked as perfect as yours does! LOL! Great tutorial Judy! :-)
Vanessa

Susan Anderson said...

What a nice look, too.

=)

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Thanks so much you make it look so easy...Love the designs of paper you selected..

Sheryl said...

This is such a fun idea! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Great idea! Megan

Elegant Economies said...

Very pretty, Judy! New follower!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love this tutorial on the bow...Magnificent..I am a happy new follower!

Jennelise said...

Wow! That is super cute and so easy! Thanks for sharing!
Jennelise

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

This looks so easy. Thank you so much for sharing at Handmade Tuesdays. I never thought to use scrapbook paper, but what I love best is the tutorial and how easy you make it sound.

Kelly @ A Swell Place to Dwell said...

I love this. What a way to give a bit more personality to bows!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...