Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cupcake Wrapper Wreath Tutorial

Now that Spring is officially almost here, it was time for me to update my front entry for the season. 
I left the flowers and the glass vase filled with boxes from my Valentine's Day vignette.
I still love it and I figured it would work well with this vignette too.
I started by making paper boxes out of patterned scrapbook paper in pastel colors 
and then added the word SPRING.  

There is actually an egg-shaped cut out of another scrapbook paper behind each letter (which you can barely see in this photo).  The letters are actually vinyl puffy letters meant to go on the walls, but I decided to use them here (I'm such a rebel...lol).  
You can check out how to make these boxes here in a video tutorial I did a few months ago.
As for the wreath, I bought the supplies weeks ago when I was walking around AC Moore trying to come up with an idea for a wreath for Spring/Easter.  
When I saw these pastel colored cupcake wrappers, I knew what I wanted to do. 
 I bought a small styrofoam wreath, straight pins and two packages of wrappers.
All I did was pin each wrapper to the front of the wreath, smushing them together as I went along.  I did keep a pattern of pink, green, yellow...but you could have a random pattern as well.
After completing the face of the wreath, 
I did the same thing along the outside rim and then the inside rim.
In no time at all the wreath was complete.  
I added a sheer lavender bow at the top and hung it with a sheer pink ribbon.
There you have it...my entryway all gussied up for Spring.
Can't wait to hear what you think.
-Judy
Pin It


Sharing this post with Gina's Craft Party.
Sharing with My Repurposed Life

30 comments:

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

So cute! Very creative! Bring on spring!!

Debbiedoos said...

That my dear is simply adorable. I love it!~

Cynthia said...

Love the wreath. Very clever.

Laura @ duke manor farm said...

how cute is that! who would have thought cupcake wrappers could look so pretty!
laura

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very creative! Judy that whole area looks so pretty!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love those box blocks, Judy! I will just admire your cupcake wrapper wreath ~ I made a fiasco out of the coffee filter wreath I tried to make. It was a hot {glue} mess!

Jan Hermann said...

What a neat idea!!

Have you thought about possibly placing the wreath a little higher against the mirror? That way you have more varied heights to what you have on the table. Give it a try and see what you think! :)

Have a great day!

Jan ♥

Susan Anderson said...

That makes a pretty nifty wreath! Fluffy, too.

=)

Nicole Day said...

What a pretty entry - and super cool wreath! I love it. :)

At The Picket Fence said...

Love it the block letters and the wreath! I could totally see the Easter Eggs behind the letters and the cupcake wrapper wreath is just so sweet and springy!

Heather

At The Picket Fence said...

That wreath is so adorable Judy and your entire entry looks just lovely! :-)
Vanessa

laxsupermom said...

So pretty! Love the blocks, and the wreath looks like such an easy project to put together. Thanks for sharing.

Gina said...

The boxes are great and the wreath is so pretty! Thanks for the tutorial, it seems easy enough to make.

Thanks for sharing this at my party!

Marnax said...

That looks like a very nice project.

Heather said...

Hi Judy!! Love your wreath - so clever to use cupcake wrappers!! Love your blog - am following you back :)
Heather @ settingforfour.blogspot.com

chateau chic said...

Hi Judy, Your cupcake paper wreath is sooo cute and very springy with all the pastel colors. I'm sure it puts a smile on everyone's face who comes in your home.
Thank you so much for stopping by and your kind comments. I'm a new follower.
Mary Alice

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Such a clever wreath! It's great to use pretty items outside their original purpose. Lovely!

Laurel Stephens said...

I was just going to leave you a quick comment telling you how pretty this cupcake liner wreath is, when I was sidetracked by the thumbnail for your tissue paper topiary, and then by the one for your Valentine's Day mailbox. Holy cow, you are one creative lady! I'm your newest follower and will for sure be back again to spend more time with your beautiful diy designs.

PS I love the colors in this wreath; they remind me of rainbow sherbet!

Deserae said...

Your spring vignette is so pretty!!! Your cupcake wrapper wreath is so cute too....very clever! Have a great weekend :o)
~Des

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

very creative

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Judy, I love your wreath! I made a cupcake liner garland for Valentines and it was so much fun. Now I MUST have a wreath to match. lol! Your Spring boxes turned out very cute. I dyed some coffee filters turquoise and made a wreath tonight. I've yet to decorate it. I have followed you for a while now. I love your blog and need to hop over more often. Problem is I really need to add my fav's to my sidebar. I have you on google reader, but don't get to it very often.
Hugs,
Jann

anitamombanita said...

Very clever wreath. Who'da thunk?! :)

Cynthia said...

Great tutorial. I commented on this already but had to again. What a clever idea and it is so very pretty.

Pondside said...

I love it - so simple and pretty and light enough to hang over my hall mirror.

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea for a wreath. I love the blocks as well. You are all "springified!!" ;)

Robin Lynn said...

That really was quite cute!! Thanks for sharing and for the tutorial. I love your springy-ness! yay!

Jo said...

what a pretty wreath, bring on spring, i am so ready for it!!!

reFresh reStyle said...

Judy, I love the color combo, so pretty!
Debbie

The Pennington Point said...

That is adorable! So simple and cheerful. I love it. Lisa~

Jenny said...

I think I am in love with that wreath! I am going to make two of those for my front door!

What a quite lovely idea!

Thank you for sharing!

The colors are so lovely and spring-y!

A+++++++++++

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...