Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

The Great Spring'tacular Copy Cat

Today Debbiedoos is hosting a copycat party as part of The Great Spring'tacular link party.
Here is my copycat project...

My copycat project is inspired by two projects I saw on Pinterest.
I loved the eggs and the bird nest artwork.  I wanted to put my twist on both.
I decided to create a spring vignette with these two elements in it.
Source and Source
For the egg I used a styrofoam egg, pink straight pins and a flower punch.
I sat the egg on top of a candle holder.  Instead of making my nest art out of burlap, I took the burlap and filled the candle holder with it.  I placed the candle holder on top of more burlap inside of a turquoise bird's cage I got at Michael's at 50% off.
For the artwork, I had a canvas in the house and left over paint from many different projects.
I started by painting the canvas Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue (which was left over from our home gym renovation project...you can check that out here).
I dry brushed a little white on it as well.
Then I painted a nest and bird's eggs in the nest.  I took my favorite nest on my inspiration piece and painted it front and center on the canvas.  I used AS Chalk Paint in Duck Egg to paint the eggs.
I am not an artist...at all...but I really like how it came out.
I added two little ceramic bird's from Michaels on top of a writing notebook
I already had to round out my vignette.  The vignette is perfect in my guest room...
which already has a bird theme.

Hope to see you over at Debbie's.
Can't wait to hear what you think of my project.

-Judy

Pin It

21 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Judy I LOVE LOVE that painting! Girl you are good!!

Debbiedoos said...

That is fantastic judy! You sure look like an artist to me. What a cute vignette. Thanks so much for joining in on the fun. Enjoy!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how fun and so pretty. Love your painting and the eggs and birds are lovely. Hugs, Marty

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Judy! I love the nest and eggs you painted! Great job and it goes perfectly in your guest room.

Dawn said...

Just perfect, and I want the painting. You did a terrific job!!

Erika . . . with a K said...

It turned out really well, I love it! Perfect spring decor!

At The Picket Fence said...

Love it Judy! You really did such a great job using the idea as inspiration to make your own beautiful creations. The painting is just gorgeous! :-)
Vanessa

Maria Elena said...

Judy, it is beautiful! It looks so pretty all together and the painting is gorgeous! You are very talented!

Gina said...

Beautiful vignette, Judy! You did a great job on the painting too.

Susan Anderson said...

Sure looks like art to me!

=)

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Looks great! It will look fabulous in your bird room!
Lorraine

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Wow! Lovely vignette!

Shannon Fox said...

Everything looks so pretty and I love that nest painting, it's wonderful!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Judy,

Your copy is just darling. I love how you did the egg.

Dee

laxsupermom said...

So pretty! Love your version! Your egg turned out so pretty, and love the painting! Thanks for sharing.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

So pretty Judy! Nicely done! Don't you just love spring!

SV said...

Your painting is perfect for spring. Love, love, love the colors :-)

I'm stopping by from the blog hop party and now following you. Would love for you to follow back.

Take care,
Jen
sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy! Oh, you did marvelously on your painting and what a sweet vignette using it.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kimberly T. said...

I love those flower eggs! Pinning it! :)

Rachel said...

So pretty! I love the flower eggs. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
Rachel
adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

Chatty Chics said...

Wow Judy! It looks fabulous! You are SO crafty! Great job! Thanks for sharing at my place! Hope to see you again tomorrow with another one of your fabulous projects! :)
Melody

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...