Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Paver Driveway Apron

As most of you know, last season we removed our deck and patio and replaced it with a new patio.
This is the before picture, and it was the patio you see in this picture that was removed.
We used some of the old patio pavers to make this pathway to the new patio.  We still had a few palettes of pavers left.  I knew that we had to come up with something to do with them.  How about an apron at the foot of the driveway?  It's tough to have an entire paver driveway in the Northeast with the snow and all...but an apron is a nice effect.  We ran out of good weather after the patio was done, so this project had to wait until now.
So, last Thursday our contractor's trucks arrived, ready to begin.
Just in a nick of time.  You can see that the foot of our driveway took a real beating this winter.
Before you start any project like this, make sure you or your contractor calls your town to have them come out and mark with a flag your gas, electric and cable lines.
First they cut out the driveway portion they would be replacing with pavers.
Next they added stone and then sand.  Then the pavers are laid and retained in with belgium block at the street.
Here is the finished product.  It was the perfect use of what would otherwise have been thrown away.  I love repurposing.

As an added bonus, while one crew worked on my driveway, another crew was working on pruning my landscaping and adding new mulch.
Now if it would just warm up and stay warm for more than just a day.

Maybe then we could get the rest of the grass to grow back (after the construction from the fall).

What kind of outdoor projects have you been up to?

-Judy

20 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

What a beautiful yard Miss Judy! Pavers are awesome.

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

The paver apron looks great, Judy! And, I'm totally jealous that your mulch is done already :) Beautiful yard!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

looks great!

laxsupermom said...

The apron looks great, as does the whole yard! We've been working on yard cleanup and mulching. It's been so cold still that I just can't wait to be able to put some plants in the ground. Love the reuse of the pavers. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great use of those extra pavers, Judy. I love that look, but when I see it on a whole driveway I can only imagine it must make clearing snow very difficult. I'm hoping it will stop raining {or not rain} long enough so I can get outside and clear up our beds.

My Secret Life in Lilly said...

Alright, this may sound mean, but...I am so glad to see a blogger friend in the same, or nearly the same, climate as myself! While refreshing to see my southern blogger friends with their beautiful roses, azaleas, and a whole host of blooming planters...well let's just say I'M JEALOUS! After all, it did SNOW last night! UGH!
Your apron looks beautiful, as well as you patio!
Your cold weather friend,
Christie

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I love your pavers and your yard.

Dee

Heather said...

Wow! Everything looks soooo nice!!

Susan Anderson said...

Nice job! And I like the way you recycled, too.

=)

At The Picket Fence said...

That looks sooooo amazing Judy! I love it when you show us photos of your gorgeous yard and it is obvious you give the outside of your home as much attention as the inside. It feels so good to get any opportunity to be outdoors these days, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing this with us! :-)
Vanessa

Desire Empire said...

Gee your whole house looks lovely. The stone work on the drive is great too
Best Caarolyn

Traci said...

Everything looks great! We've been planting like crazy!

Damonsugz said...

I love your pavers and your yard. Dee

jhon said...


Well, winter finally came this year. We had to shovel snow and everything :( I was getting used to wearing sandals instead of boots during these months.metal fence posts

Tutors in USA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tutors in USA said...

Good information here. I really enjoy reading them every day. I've learned a lot from them.Thanks so much for sharing this information. Greatly help me being a newbie.paver installation Florida

Raza Abbas said...

I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page!
Boynton Beach Pavers

shane lee said...

It's great to return home from work or a trip abroad and be welcomed by a neat, tidy and well maintained front garden. Commercial Paving Colorado Springs CO

sjjad110 said...

This could be one specific with the most beneficial blogs Driveway Pavers Boca Raton We have ever arrive across on this subject. Really Wonderful. I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your hard work.

sjjad110 said...

The article has really peaks my interest.Private Tutor Boynton Beach I am going to bookmark your site and preserve checking for new information.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...