Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Rigatoni ala Vodka

One of my kid's favorite meals is rigatoni with vodka sauce.  They order it all the time when we go out to dinner.  It's so easy to make at home...here's my go to recipe:

Recipe for Vodka Sauce:
olive oil
1/2 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1/4 cup pancetta or prosciutto minced (I buy it already minced in the deli aisle)
1/4 cup vodka
1 cup heavy cream
1 jar of your favorite tomato sauce


1. In a pot (I use my Le Creuset 3 quart for all my sauces) drizzle some olive oil and saute the pancetta/prosciutto, onion and garlic for about 5 minutes, stirring now and then.

2.  Add the vodka to the pan and wait for the alcohol to burn off.  Then add the heavy cream and let simmer for approximately 5 minutes, stirring now and then. 

3.  Add one jar of tomato sauce and let simmer for another five minutes or so.  That's it!

4.  In the meantime, have a pot of boiling water and cook your pasta until it is al dente.


It's such a simple meal that tastes like it was a ton of work.  It's definitely a crowd pleaser.  

Hope you give it a try. 

Don't forget...today is the last day to enter my vinyl wall quote giveaway HERE.

Have a great weekend!

-Judy

Pin It

6 comments:

Gina said...

I just made these Tuesday night! I love Vodka Riggies, as we call them around here.

Susan Anderson said...

Looks delish!

=)

Ange said...

I'm adding this to the menu plan for next week, thanks! Always looking for easy, kid friendly dishes around here. Why does pasta always look so yummy, even at 9 in the morning?

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Mmm Judy that looks so good I could eat it for breakfast right now!
I've never made it this way and will have to try your recipe with the pancetta. Yum.
Hope you have a great weekend :)

Kim @ One Project Closer said...

Yum! I've never made vodka sauce from scratch - always buy it in the jars @ Walmart :-) Thanks for the recipe!

Unknown said...

mmmmm! Looks delish!!! I'm hosting a linky party, the theme is all time favorite post- would love it if you joined in!
-Melissa
www.SerendipityandSpice.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...