I love a soup that can be a meal.
Here's a recipe for potato soup with chicken, bacon and cheese that's sure to please the entire family.
- 6 slices bacon-chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 4 cups low salt, chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced
- salt to taste
I have modified this recipe from an Allrecipes version.
- Cook bacon (I like to cook bacon in a microwave...very little mess that way)
- Add olive oil to saucepan and add vegetables and cook until soft (do not brown onion)
- Stir in chicken broth and potatoes and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and cheese, heating just until cheese is melted. Then add bacon. Serve immediately.
Sharing with Savvy Southern Style
Looks yummy... I will have to try!!
Yum! Looks great!
Post a Comment