Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

It's Like Christmas For Me

Before I get to today's post, is anyone else having trouble with Blogger?  I am scheduling my posts as usual, however they are not posting in the scheduled mode.  Very frustrating.

Today is the Ethan Allen warehouse sale.  As this post airs, I will be standing in line waiting for the doors to open.  Technically the sale opens at 10am, however I will be one of the many crazy people there at 8am.  I have been waiting for the sale for months.  They usually hold the sale in October, but this year they are holding it in April.  It's really like Christmas for me.  It's the thrill of the hunt.
    Each year I go with a "list" of the things I would love to come home with.  Only one year was I actually successful in getting any of the items on my list.  
Here is my "want" list this year:

Of course, the first thing I want is this venetian style mirror.  If you remember, I almost bought it on Craigslist from a woman who lived across country from me.

Last year I bought this gorgeous lamp at the sale.
 I really wanted two, but someone else grabbed the other one.
Yeah...it's kinda nutty at the sale.
I could not get a clear photo of this dresser, but this has been on my "want" list for four years.
I have yet to see it at the sale.  I'm hoping this is the year.

I hope I have good news to report tomorrow.
Wish me luck!
-Judy


21 comments:

Gina said...

Sounds like fun! Good luck! I hope you score something great!

Linda said...

Yes sounds like fun. Wish I could be there!!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Good luck, Judy! I hope you get what you've been wanting and I'll bet they have a lot more to pick from, too.

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Hope you have a wonderful time and find a lot of great things! I am having problems with scheduled posts not posting, as well. :(

NanaDiana said...

Good luck on your sale!

Yes- I thought I had screwed up and was doing something wrong. My posts have not been posting as schedule either- I have had to direct post them. UGH- xo Diana

laxsupermom said...

Looking forward to seeing what you end up coming home with. Fingers crossed you get your mirror.

At The Picket Fence said...

Oooo...good luck Judy! Wish I could come be a crazy lady in line with you. LOL! And yes, blogger has been giving us serious trouble...not being able to preview the post or worse yet, posting it with no content. As in, the post is there, we publish it and then the entire text/photos just disappear. So frustrating! Word Press here we come! :-)

At The Picket Fence said...

P.S. That was Vanessa by the way! LOL!

Susan Anderson said...

Good luck, Judy!

=)

Ange said...

Ooh have fun! Hoping you get the stuff you want. Wish i could stand in libe with you.

Ange said...

Ooh have fun! Hoping you get the stuff you want. Wish i could stand in libe with you.

Ange said...

Ooh have fun! Hoping you get the stuff you want. Wish i could stand in libe with you.

Ange said...

Ooh have fun! Hoping you get the stuff you want. Wish i could stand in libe with you.

Melissa@thecre8tiveoutlet said...

I'm having the same problems with blogger too!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I can't wait to see what you get!

Maria Elena said...

Have fun! I can't wait to see what deals you find!

Stacy CUrran said...

GOOD LUCK!! I hope you get all three!
Stacy

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Our Ethan Allen is having theirs on Sunday and I can't wait to go! Hope you find a lot of great things Judy!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I do wish you luck. Can't wait to see what you find. Hugs, Marty

Rakesh said...

Thanks for posting this blog. Many peoples have interest to design/decore house. In case if they need furnitures here the store at Furniture in Corpus Christi.

Bliss said...

May the force be with you.

Bliss

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...