Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Quick and Simple Seat Cushion

My kids were home all last week and we did some cleaning up of the playroom.   I took a chest that was in the kids playroom and moved it to the end of my son's bed.  It gave more room in the playroom and it was a nice addition to my son's room.  However, I needed to change out the cushion in order for it to work with my son's room decor.
I'm still debating whether or not I want to darken the chest, but for now I'll keep it the lighter color.
The cushion was super easy to recover.  I bought the red ticking stripe fabric at JoAnn's.  I opted to make a quick and easy cover, rather than creating custom cording, using a zipper, and making a box cushion (it was late on Saturday night when I started this project while my husband and son were at the Rangers playoff game).  
This method was as simple as wrapping a present.  

That's exactly what I did.  First I sewed lengthwise, with right sides together, to form a casing and then slipped the cushion, wrapped in batting into the casing.  Then I just folded the edges under and used fabric glue to adhere the ends.  
That was it.  It now gives my son an extra place to sit in his room, plus the storage in the chest.
Gotta love the simple projects.

Don't forget to stop back tonight for my Swing into Spring party.


The party opens at 8pm EST.  Hope to see you then.

-Judy
Pin It

8 comments:

Terriea Kwong said...

Simply a nice seat and easy to make. Good idea to use glue.

Susan Anderson said...

What a great look!

=)

Kristi said...

I love this because I am going to do the EXACT same no-sew cushion in my mudroom! Great project!! :)
Kristi

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Love the pillows on the bed! The whole room looks nice and boyish without being too "themy" (is that a word?)
Blessings, Lorraine

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

What a great idea! This looks fantastic!!

NanaDiana said...

Judy- It looks very nice...and an easy project to do, too. It really gives a nice finishing touch to the piece. xo Diana

The Bold Abode said...

You can NEVER have enough seating~ It looks great, Judy!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Love the seat cushion and that fabric! have a wonderful night!
XO
Kristin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...