Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Closets and Nooks - Roomspiration Continues

Today Roomspiration continues over at The Blooming Hydrangea with closets and nooks.  I love an organized closet.   I find that when everything has a place and there is a place for everything - all is good and calm in my world.  I love looking at organized closets and getting inspiration from them.

Image from The Container Store
Once a year the Container Store holds their Elfa sale.   Each year I wait for the sale so that I can try to organize another closet.  Last year I organized the walk-in closet outside of my bedroom, affectionately known as my shoe closet.  It had been someone of a disaster prior to this (sorry, no before photo).  All of the closets came with basic organizers when we purchased our home.  This closet had one bar that went around the perimeter.  Not very functional at all.
After removing the old organizers and patching the walls, the first thing I did was paint my closet a color.  This is such an easy thing to do, but it makes a huge impact.  I used the left over paint from the ceiling in my master bedroom...a Robin's Egg blue.
The Elfa system is really easy to install.  I am always so impressed with the customer service at the Container Store.  Honestly, I've never met such nice, helpful people.  Everything is cut to size and they send you home with instructions.  The closet system takes less than an hour to install (not counting the prep and painting).

This new closet design uses every inch of this closet, and actually makes the closet look bigger than ever.

Here are some more closet inspiration photos:
Image from The Container Store
This closet is painted, which I love.  Also, this closet uses drapes instead of doors.  What a fun option.    I love the use of drawers in this closet.

Image from The Container Store
I am loving the color combination in this closet.  

Image from The Container Store

Image from The Container Store

Look at these awesome craft closets.  I want a craft closet!!

Image from The Container Store

Anyone else out there as passionate about an organized closet as I am?  Head on over to:

Hope to see you there.  Can't wait to see your closets and nooks!

-Judy

9 comments:

Gina said...

I love looking at closets. I live in a house built in 1933, the closet are teeny, tiny so these photos are like dream photos for me!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Thanks for sharing this inspiration! I agree... organized closets = calm world!! It's amazing how large the shoe closet looks now!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love an organized closet, Judy! Whether it's linens or clothes. We have a great system in the new place for the master bedroom. We just need to utilize it in the best way possible. Still working on that!

Traci said...

All of these closets are amazing!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Great inspiration Judy, thanks for sharing! Martina

At The Picket Fence said...

Ugh...these photos make me feel even more aware of how badly our closet needs a makeover! LOL! Yours looks absolutely fantastic and I love the hanging boots. That is how you are supposed to take care of them instead of piling them on the floor like I do, right? :-)
Vanessa

Jocelyn said...

Wow I wish my closets looked that neat and organized!! Love seeing the pictures.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

willg said...

These are some great closet designs, I'm currently looking for inspiration for my own design, so thanks.

MWest said...

Nothing beats a well organized closet no matter how limited the space is. I have seen some inspiring closet designs here http://www.closetsnbeyond.com and I'm glad I did. Closets definitely help greatly in making the living space better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...