Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

More Decoupage Projects

I love to decoupage.  It's easy and quick and can transform almost anything.  I bought some new scrapbook paper which always inspires some creativity.
Yesterday I showed you how I decoupaged a $2.00 tray from AC Moore.

Today I wanted to share with you two more projects I created using decoupage.

I had a nice, sturdy box I had lying around from a perfume gift a few years ago.  
I liked the purple lacy design already on the lid of the box.  I flipped through my scrapbook paper and picked out paper that would coordinate.
I started by using Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the box.  
I like to use a foam brush to apply the Mod Podge to the box and then adhere the paper. 
 I do one side at a time to ensure total coverage and no air bubbles.  
For the lid, I picked a smaller pattern that coordinated with the floral.  I incorporated the lacy design already on the box.  I simply cut the paper to size and used Mod Podge to adhere it.  
Again, I spread the Mod Podge onto the box directly. 
 I love how the paper coordinates perfectly with the original detail on the lid.  
While I was in the decoupage mood, I also decoupaged a box to house my new stationary.  A few weeks ago I hosted a giveaway from UPrinting.  The folks over at UPrinting were nice enough to provide me with some new stationary as well.  You can see my blog header is now the header of my new stationary.  Now, I just needed a little box for my stationary.  I had an old invitation/announcement kit.  The box was the perfect size.  Again, I started by picking out scrapbook paper. 
I wanted any visible portions of the box to look finished so I made sure to measure my paper so that it would fold over the edges and finish off the inside of the box as well.  
Two easy projects using things I already had in the house.  

What do you have lying around that you could decoupage?


Don't forget to stop back tonight at 8pm EST for my Fall into Fall party.  Hope to see you then.

-Judy

5 comments:

Goldie said...

Very Cute!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great idea for the stationery box, Judy! I love reusing old boxes for storage, but sometimes they need prettying up. This is a quick and inexpensive way to do that.

Unknown said...

My Modge Podge and fabrics are out in my kitchen this week!! Love working with it. Drama and so easy.

Susan Anderson said...

I'm not sure...I'll have to go wandering around the house and see!

=)

Becca Bertotti said...

It looks beautiful! Thanks for inspiring me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...