Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mood Board for Teen Girl's Room

I am decorating my daughter's friend's bedroom.  Mia is turning 13 and it's time for a room makeover.  I have been working with Mia and her mom for a while now trying to nail down exactly what type of room Mia is looking for.  Mia's favorite color is orange.  
Here is the mood board I created to help get the process underway.

Mia's style is modern which is fun for me since it is a departure from how I decorate my own home.  Mia wanted all four walls painted orange.  However, I have been trying to convince her that I can make the room read orange without all four walls being painted orange.  Her mom agrees.  We have settled on an orange accent wall behind the bed and the remaining three walls will be painted a silvery grey.  The room will be filled with orange accents.
Here is a before of her room.  This makeover will be quite a transformation.
So far the only part of her bedroom we have completed is the closet.  Here is the before and after.  This closet is directly across from where the bed will go and the orange accent wall will go.  You can check out the closet transformation here
I'm looking forward to getting started and sharing the progress with you.

-Judy

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lucky girl. Those pops of zebra and orange are just gorgeous.

Susan Anderson said...

Can't wait to see the rest!

=)

laxsupermom said...

Love that wild chair! Perfect for a modern teen's room. This will be such a fun room to do. Thanks for sharing.

Whit said...

Love it. Thank you so much for sharing and linking up to our party Show and Share. Make sure to come back this week and link up your latest projects. We would love to see them.

A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

willg said...

This is great stuff, Closet Organization is my own personal brand of therapy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...