Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mirror Mirror {Finally} on the Wall

A few weeks ago I told you that I had found the perfect mirror at Home Goods.  It was a Drexel Heritage mirror and I loved it.  The problem was, when I got it home, it was much bigger than I had realized.  I really loved the mirror and knew it belonged in my dining room.  After much thought and planning, I had a solution.  As with most of my plans, it was going to involve moving things.
Here is the after photo.  Let me tell you what it took to get here.
When I got the mirror home I knew I wanted it on the far side of the room.  One of the problems was that this server is on the petite side with it's pretty legs and the mirror seemed to overpower it.
The sideboard on the other side of the room is a heavier looking piece and I felt that the mirror would be better over it. However,  I didn't want the mirror on that side.  This meant that I needed to move this piece to the other side and the other piece to this side.  Are you with me??
Take notice in this photo how the server is not centered on the wall - don't know why we did that
It also meant my favorite bird pictures had to be relocated.  I thought I would split them up on either side of the dining room window instead of the green matted picture you see.  I would move those pictures to the living room.  Do you see how out of control this was getting for one mirror?  On Sunday my parents were over and I used this opportunity to run this all by my mom.  She was in agreement that it would work.  She said, "let's start emptying everything out and move the furniture." 
 I love my mom - she's my perfect partner in crime.  
Once the furniture was moved it was time to call in my dad and husband to do the heavy duty work of hanging the mirror.  

Here is the mirror hung over the bulkier buffet/server.
Notice how we now centered the buffet.
It looks so much better centered and also doesn't make the mirror look at overwhelming.


I love my Ethan Allen lamps against this mirror.
Here's a great close-up of the mirror and the lamps.
The detail in the mirror picks up the detail in the chandelier and the detail in the curtain rods.


Here's a super close-up of the lamps.
Here's the other side of the room.  I actually like the plates and sunburst much more above this more delicate piece.  This is one of my favorite pieces of furniture that I have in my home.
You can see that my bird pictures were relocated to on either side of the dining room window.
The green-matted floral pictures were moved to the living room 
and hung on either side of that window.
The beautiful rose art from Bombay was replaced by the floral.
The rose art was moved...
to the left of the display case to balance it's mate on the other side.

The best part of all of this moving was that each time we only made one hole in the wall to hang the pictures (usually we make several before getting it right).  Lol

 I can't wait to hear what you think!

Don't forget to stop back tonight for my Fall into Fall party.

The link opens at 8pm EST.  
Hope to see you then.


-Judy
Pin It

15 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Beautiful mirror Judy!! It looks perfect in your dining room! It's always fun to switch things around, and all your changes look great!

Calypso In The Country said...

It may have been a lot of work but I love how it turned out! That mirror is so pretty - what a frame!
Shelley

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I know it was a lot of moving around to work that mirror in, Judy, but so well worth it! It looks gorgeous! Your dining room is beautiful. I love the smaller furniture piece with the sunburst mirror, too.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love it. I think it is perfect over the heavier piece. YOur dining room is stunning. I also really like the plates around the other mirror. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Perfectly Lovely.
It was made for that space.
Nicely, nicely done. Your room is stunning.

sweet violets said...

Beautifully done!!! Love the changes, its just right....the plates above the more delicate buffet are perfect!!! And the large mirror is wonderful.....

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Judy, the dining room looks great! All of the accent pieces are perfectly placed; and looks like they've been there all along! You did a great job!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh the Domino Effect...get something new and you have to move a dozen things!....Went through that recently....Your mirror is beautiful....and just love the EA lamps...I am so partial to EA!!...The dining room is just gorgeous!!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

That is one gorgeous mirror. It was so worth all the beautiful changes you made.

Susan Anderson said...

Great job, and it looks terrific!

=)

Maria Elena said...

Oh!!! I just can't get over how stunning your mirror looks in your dinning room! It is beautiful and just perfect with the rest of your decor! Gorgeous! !

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Your dining room is so inviting. How fortunate your whole family was willing to help with moving everything around! It is amazing how projects start simple and expand once you get started.

Debra

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Beautiful, Judy! You were so right to switch those 2 pieces of furniture to accommodate that gorgeous mirror -- what a statement piece!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a pretty mirror Judy! The entire room is gorgeous!

volkswagen auto glass said...

Elegant looking place. Very high end.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...