Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

2011 Home Goals

The Nester is having a home goals link party.  It got me to thinking...what are my home goals for 2011?  As my mother often says, we never let our house rest.  We are always doing another project.  So true.  Here are my goals for 2011 (some of this may come as news to my husband...fasten your seatbelt lovey):

Goal #1 - The Mudroom


The wall paper has got to go.  First and foremost,  I am so over the border on the top.  Second, the busy pattern is really doing nothing for this long and narrow space.  I'm not sure why the builders thought that putting the laundry right by the side door and only having the width of the door for the room was a good idea.  I am even more baffled as to how when we built this house (yes, we built it) my husband and I didn't notice on the plans just how narrow this would be.  In our defense, we were coming from a townhouse...this seemed huge...at the time.  But what's done is done.  We have never been able to figure out another place for the washer and dryer...if we could that would be the best solution.  So I will make lemons into lemonade.  The mudroom seems to be the hub of my morning and afternoon schedule with my kids.  I need this room to function better than it does.  I have cork boards and white boards hanging, but it still isn't functioning to it's full potential.  In 2011, I will try to remedy that, and hopefully make it look so much more visually appealing in the process.

Goal #2 - The downstairs bathroom



This bathroom has so much potential.  When we finished the basement we put this bathroom in.  I love all of the expensive stuff...the tile, the shower, the sink.  What I don't love is those flesh colored walls (any maybe that mirror has to go too).  What I want to do is hang a grasscloth wallpaper.  It would add so much texture and make that bathroom feel absolutely luxurious.

Goal #3 - The window above the front door

We have this interesting space above the front door.  There is a ledge and a window.  I need to hang window treatments.  This space has been neglected for so long mainly because it is not easy to get up there.  I think simple window panels will frame the window beautifully.  The second reason this space has been neglected is because I am thinking of changing the wall color in the foyer.  This wall color continues all the way up the stairs and throughout the hallways.  The wall color was chosen to go with the runner that goes up the stairs.  If I change the runner I would have to change the wall color...and this is how projects get out of control.  I also need to do something much more interesting other than those two plants I currently have above the door.

Goal #4 - The new outdoor patio


I plan on treating this space like another room in our home.  I want to do a seating area to the right of the stairs and a table and chairs nearer to the pool.  The new Frontgate catalog came out and I found the perfect seating (perfect except for the price).
Image from Frontgate
How perfect would these curved sofas be to continue the curves found in the patio and outdoor kitchen.  Now I just have to find something similar for less.

Those are my goals for 2011.  I'm sure along the way I will tackle other projects I just haven't come up with yet.  How about you?  What do you have planned for 2011?

-Judy


12 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

I would love to get my hands on a mud room to put together, especially one of my own! Have fun in 2011, and great quote by your mom, so true!
Janell

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

You have a lot of good projects coming up Judy! I LOVE your patio and can't wait to see what you come up with. Your mudroom might be narrow, but at least it has some space in it. I have a sink, but no counterspace in mine. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope you have a great week!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sounds like great projects. I can't wait to see them all unfold. Hugs, Marty

Traci said...

I have a very long list of "goals"! I can't wait to see how yours turn out. I know all about the perfect outdoor furniture for not the perfect price. I'm dealing with it too. There's bound to be something out there that I love that's affordable. Right???

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

New follower from the Hop!! You have a really pretty blog and I can't wait to watch what you do with your home!

Thoughts for the day said...

Your home is beautiful... and I just subscribed to your blog to. A reader in Oregon.

Tru said...

I am envious of people who set goals for a whole year. Me? I'm lucky if I set goals for a week or so.

Vanessa said...

Hi Judy! We must be kindred spirits with wanting to work on our mudrooms this year! :-) Every time I see a pic of your outdoor space I just drool over how gorgeous it all is and I can't wait to see what you do with it and all of your other projects as well. Thanks so much for your sweet and encouraging words today!
Vanessa

Gypsy Heart said...

The outdoor furniture is absolutely gorgeous! I hope you find something similar that you like. You have a lot of projects lined up ~ me too. :)
Wishing you the best in all endeavors!

Pat

CBW said...

Judy-

Curious to know what you did for window coverings for the big window over the front door. We have one of these too and I love it, but the sun sets on the front side and we get a LOT of heat from that window...would love to know what you came up with!

Unknown said...

Your home is beautiful. thanks

Replacement Patio Doors Cost
Patio Door Frame Replacement

شركات خدمات منزلية said...

شركة تنظيف ببريدة

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...