Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Euro Pillow Shams

I have been working on my daughter's room for some time now.  Right before Christmas the fabric I had picked out arrived.
The first thing I made with the fabric was a bed skirt for her daybed.  You can check out that tutorial here.
The next thing on the "to do" list for her room was two euro shams.  Shams are really super easy. Euro shams are typically 26" x 26".  I like a euro pillow on a bed so that you can lean into it and cozy up on your bed.  That should work really well with her daybed.   When making more than one sham, I like to have the pattern match up on each sham.  I picked the large medallion on the fabric and centered that on the pillow.
I then cut two widths of the fabric to cover both shams.
I folded over each of the short ends of the fabric and sewed a hem approximately 2" wide.
I measured again to make sure the medallion would be in the center of the pillow.  
With right sides together I folded the fabric from left to center and from the right to the center.  The fabric overlaps so that when it is turned back to the right side, there is a pocket for the pillow insert to go into.

Using a square, I drew a pencil line so that I would sew exactly straight.

After sewing both sides I clipped the corners and turned the pillow back to the right side.  
Voila!  Two euro pillows.  So easy.  Her room is really coming along now.  Check back tomorrow as I show you how I made a memo board for her room.

-Judy

Come check out this party:

Savvy Southern Style

18 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Beautiful and I love the fabric!

Debbiedoos said...

I am going to learn to sew someday. Looks great Judy!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely! What a fun blog you have! I am glad to follow along. I am sick now too so I hoping to start on my living room this week, but we shall see how much I actually get done!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Very pretty fabric! I love making pillows and changing them for a new look! You've done a great job on the room! ♥

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy! Love the pillows and your tutorial. I get lazy when making pillow covers and don't leave the opening. I'm going to start doing that from now on.
I'm sure your daughter is thrilled with the look of her new room! I love it.
Be a swetie,
Shelia ;)

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

So pretty! Her room really is coming together! I love that fabric on the euros!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Judy, those shams with that fabric are gorgeous. What a pretty daybed. Thanks so much for joining the party. I would appreciate it if you add a link in your post to the party so others can join in. thanks

Jenny said...

Love that fabric. It's such a fresh, different blue. A great way to start the New Year with a lovely project!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Beautiful fabric and what a good job you did! I would love to be able to sew. Can I hire you???LOL! Happy 2011!!!! XO, Pinky

Esther said...

I like that fabric color. Thanks for following me. I have subscribed to your blog via Google reader RSS feed. So I do follow you:-))

Esther
http://www.creativitymypassion.blogspot.com/

KimMalk said...

The room is really coming along. Your pillows are just gorgeous :).

Virginia said...

I found your blog while searching sham designs. Thanks for the info!
V

Cosmetic products said...

Pillow shams
nice post, thanks for sharing.....

Unknown said...

Your home decor tutorial is very easy to understand for anyone. You have tutorial of luxury bed bath linen. Can you share it.

Charlie Pinter said...

Really Informative blog to, Thanks for sharing these updates.
what is a euro sham

Beddingflatsheets said...

Appreciate your sharing this best post and keep on sharing more posts with us in future. Thanks. I do agree with all of the ideas you have introduced in your post. Cotton Bedsheets online in Pakistan

Jolanb380 said...

Your blog is beautiful and very informative. Your way of explaining DIY is so good, recently I purchased this, orange euro sham covers, it is worth buying.

Sagrika said...

Hey, Great Blogs you have, If anyone looking for a Pet food and pet accessories we are top rated Pet food seller in india. Check our website Feather4pets

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...