Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Big News, More Big News and a Craft

The first bit of big news has to do with one of my favorite blogs.  Vanessa from Southern in my Heart has teamed up with her sister Heather from Gourmet Meals for Less, and they have started a brand new blog.  Their new blog is called At the Picket Fence and it's going to be awesome.







To kick things off they are doing an entire week of giveaways.  I hope you will go over there and check things out during their launch party.

Speaking of parties, (and the second piece of big news) I think it's about time I hosted one.  Over the weekend I hit 300 followers (all I can say is wow and thanks) and I think it would be fun to have a party.

Living in the Northeast, this is what has been going on around here.  Snow, more snow...

and even more snow.

Oh, I'm sorry...and a little ice.

So, in trying to come up with a name for my party, and with snowy weather on my mind (we have had 7 storms so far and #8 is due to hit on Tuesday), a logical choice became Winter Blues Wednesday.  The picture is from The Background Fairy and the eggs reminded me of Spring...something I am very much looking forward to.  Even if you're from a warmer climate and not feeling the winter blues, I hope that you will join in on the fun.


There is so much inspiration out there in blogland, I think it will be awesome to host a party to see what everyone has been up to.  I am hoping that you will all come and join me this Wednesday with whatever you have been working on including but not limited to your home decor, crafting, sewing, knitting etc projects.  I really hope you will all help make my first party a success.  You can grab the button for the party over in my sidebar.  I would love if you would tell your friends.  I love making new friends.

Now onto the craft:
Do you have a little girl in your life?  Does she have hair clips?  Where do you keep all of those hair clips.  How about this:


All you need for this project is a canvas, fabric and some ribbon.

It's really pretty easy.  You start with a canvas...I used an 11x14 canvas.  Take a piece of your favorite fabric and wrap the canvas and staple it to the back (similar to what I did here with the memo board I made).  Next take different colored ribbons and staple them on the back, then wrap over the front and staple to the other side on the back.  Leave a little space in between each ribbon.
Continue with the ribbons until you cover the entire front.  Then staple a piece of ribbon from the top left to the top right to create a ribbon hanger.
That's it.  You can embellish it with a big bow on top as seen above.  The hair clips just clip onto the ribbon.  So cute.

Thanks again for stopping by and remember Wednesday is the big day for the party.  I hope you will all be there.  Can't wait to see what you've been up to.

-Judy


I am linking up to Wordless Wednesday.  Come check it out.

12 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Such a cute idea for bows and wall art for a girl's room, Judy! Looking forward to your Wednesday party and congrats on the milestone that your blog just reached. That is very exciting!

Shel said...

Just love the bag...even though I don't have little girls...I could use this myself! Thank you. Looking forward to your Wed Party and congrats on your followers!
Shel

Unknown said...

Hey there Judy, thanks for coming over and following me I am now your new follower. great blog and I'm going over to see your friends blog now, you must live close to me because I'm getting hit on Tuesday as well...Party sounds great.

Pattie

Vanessa said...

Hi Judy! Thank you so much for blogging about our launch party! You are so sweet and supportive and we really appreciate it! Congrats on reaching 300 (did you set some kind of a record?!) and I look forward to coming back on Wed to party with you! :-)
Vanessa

Katie @ OhhBaby said...

What a good idea! I don't have any children of my own but I work with little girls at church and this would be such a cute and easy gift for them! Thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower too! :)

Debbiedoos said...

Adorable craft!See you Wednesday, every day should be a partay out here in the land of blogsville!

Heather@ The Picket Fence said...

Thank you Judy for featuring our launch in your post today! So sweet if you! We'll be back Wednesday for the party!

Kim said...

I love Vanessa so I will def check out her new blog. I also love the idea for your new party. Where r u from? I live in S. Jersey and we have been getting pounded!

Sbb1 Wellness said...

I will definitely check out At the Picket Fence and I too look forward to Wednesday :)

Be Colorful Coastal said...

thank you for linking up to BeColorful's Motivated Monday.
Wow those are some mean looking icicles. We have some of those bad boys hanging around our house too. Yikes
As your your bow organizer it is darling. A simple to make craft with limitless options. Love it.
Your party sound fun. I would love to participate.
Pamela

Jan at Jewelry4Change said...

Hi! I found you on the Wordless Wednesday blog hop and am now following. :)
Love the ribbon holder project, so cute!
Jan http://www.jewelry4change.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love this, Judy! So sweet. Congratulations on 300 followers, too! Thanks for sharing with air your Laundry Friday! The party is back on tonight.

Hugs,
Jami

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...