Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Awards and Lamps

I want to say a big thank you to Janell from Isabella and Max Rooms for presenting me with the Stylish Blogger Award.  She has one of the best blogs in blogland.  If you haven't checked it out, you need to.  She is so incredibly talented.  A few months back she even got her own segment on the Nate Berkus show!

I also want to send a big thank you out to Heather from Straight Stitches for also awarding me the Stylish Blogger Award.  She has such an inspirational blog filled with great ideas.

They both made my day by passing this award on to me.

So the idea behind the award is to tell seven things about yourself and pass the award on to seven blogs you love.  I won this award a week or so ago and I revealed many things about myself.  You can read all about it here.  
I will tell you seven more things about myself:

1. I often blog at night while sitting in the lobby of my kids tennis academy.
2. My idea of relaxing is to do a huge project.  I don't relax in the "normal" way.
3. I have been playing the piano since I was 5 years old.  
4. I was on bed rest for 17 weeks when I was pregnant with my son...trust me...that's a long time...especially for someone who doesn't know how to relax. 
5. My favorite colors to decorate with at the moment are blue (robin's egg especially) and grey...not necessarily in the same room.
6. I do not enjoy cooking.  My husband is an amazing cook and does all of the cooking on the weekends.  I do cook during the week, but mostly so me and the kids can survive.  
7. I love having organized closets and drawers.  Organizing spaces is another way I enjoy relaxing...I know, a little wacky.  

Here are the seven blogs I am presenting the award to:

Each of these blogs I visit on a daily basis.  These blogs provide gorgeous inspiration.  These blogs are amongst my favorites.  I hope you will check them all out.

Now, back to our regular scheduled programming:

Here is my home office.  The lamp on the desk I have always loved, but it really didn't provide me with enough light to work at my desk.
I had gotten it years ago at Bombay and still love it, but I really needed a desk lamp that I could illuminate my work space.  In the same trip to Home Goods where I bought the new lampshade for the floor lamp in my downstairs family room (you can check it out here) I also came across a great lamp for my desk.

It was in the center of the aisle on one of the tables where the store displays some new merchandise.  It was very Pottery Barn/Ballard Design looking.  For $39.99 it made my wallet happy as well.
I love the warm bronze tone of the lamp.  I think it goes so well in the room.  An unexpected benefit of buying the lamp happened as well.  As I was deciding what I thought of the lamp, and trying to find a place for the other lamp (the one from Bombay), I started cleaning up my desk area.  This led to a total reorganization of the office.  Each and every piece of paper was either filed or thrown out.  Almost four hours later the office was done.
 Here is the finished, cleaned up, organized office.  It feels so good to have a clear workspace.  As you can see, I still have the tag on the lamp.  I'd love your opinion.  Do you love it as much as I do?  Let me know what you think.  As always,  I love and appreciate your comments.  Have a great day.  

-Judy

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you sooo much for the award! I love your blog too and can't wait to share with others! Congrats on your award.. oh and btw you are not alone in thinking that projects are relaxing.. cause um me too!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Congratulations, Judy, on the awards. I picked up a couple of those of late and it sure is a great way to get to meet new bloggers. Your newly cleaned & organized office looks great and I love the new lamp.
CAS

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Judy~
Thank you so very much for the award! I am so touched that you would think of my blog and happy that you enjoy it! I love your blog as well- and find so much inspiration over here. Your daughters bedroom is such a fantastic project- you are incredibly talented! :) Nice to learn a bit more about you!
Hugs, Courtney

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

Thanks so much for the award! I am so happy you enjoy my blog, too! I like that these awards allow us to learn a little more about the people behind the blogs we love. Have a great weekend :)
By the way, those are some great finds! I LOVE Homegoods. Your office looks great!

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

Congrats!!!! thanks so much for featuring me! I feel honored! :) Have a great night!
Bonnie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...