Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Bringing a Little JOY to the Kitchen

With Christmas just days away, I wanted to add a bit of joy to my kitchen.
Literally...
I bought these oversized letters from JoAnn's.  They were on sale for $1.99 each.  Using Christmas scrapbook paper, I laid each letter upside down on the backside of the paper and cut around the letter with an exacto knife.  Then I used mod podge to adhere it to the front only. 
I used gold paint and painted the sides and back of each letter.  I intentionally decoupaged the front first so that if any gold got on the edges, it would just add to the final effect.
Last, I applied the lightest coat of mod podge to the top of the letters 
and then sprinkled gold glitter on each letter.
I added my JOY to the top of the refrigerator in the kitchen.
This project took less than fifteen minutes.  I've never seen paint dry as fast as it did on these letters.  Can't wait to hear what you think.


Don't forget to stop back tonight at 8pm EST for my Fall into Fall party.


Also, my Alexander Creative giveaway is still going on.  Click here to enter.

-Judy

8 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh it looks fabulous. I love that cabinet area and the joy is just perfect. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

What a great feature spot in the kitchen.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

They turned out great, Judy! I love the oversized letters. What a great spot to dress up, too. Love the papers you chose.

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

So pretty Judy! Have a wonderful Christmas!

At The Picket Fence said...

Gorgeous! I love them in the kitchen. The patterns you chose are just lovely.

Heather

Susan Anderson said...

I'm feelin' the JOY!

=)

Debbiedoos said...

Love it Judy! So simple yet so cute.

Murdockqlsv said...

So pretty Judy! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...