Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Home Tour 2011

Welcome to my Christmas Home Tour 2011.  
Thank you so much for stopping by.  I am very excited to show you around.  
First stop...my entryway:
My favorite view of my entryway is when it is all lit up at night.
Here it is in the daylight.

I combine garland with lights, bows, flowers and sugared plums.  These bows are so easy to make.  Just click here for the tutorial.  


Next stop on the tour...my mantle:


I love decorating my mantle.  I create this look in layers starting with green garland I wrap in white lights.  

Then I add ribbon, bows, flowers and sugared fruit.  
The PEACE stocking holders and stockings are from Pottery Barn from a few years ago.

Next stop on the tour...my dining room:


I'm keeping my tablescape a little more simple this year.  

I treated myself to the twelve days of Christmas plates from Pottery Barn.  I think they are so pretty.
The table runner is also from Pottery Barn.  The "BELIEVE" blocks you see in the background I made. You can click here for the tutorial.

Last stop on the tour...the main attraction...my Christmas tree:

We have a two story family room in our home and our tree stands at 10' tall.  
We love gathering around the tree.  It's such a cozy spot.


I love how the tree is visible all the way from the front door.
Our tree is filled with ornaments we have collected over the years.  Some ornaments date back to when I was a child (like the paper mache mouse in this photo). 
Other ornaments are from family trips we have taken.  We always buy an ornament to add to our tree whenever we go on vacation.  
We also have been collecting these snowmen from Hallmark for the past eight or so years.
They are so cute and they all sing different Christmas songs.


Finally...let's not forget what Christmas is really about...

I'm linking up to Nester's Tour of Homes.

-Judy

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything is so pretty! I love your staircase bannister! Your home is so pretty and now you have me wanting to redo things in my house.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your home is stunning and all of your decor is beautiful. I love the beautiful garland and lights. Hugs, Marty

Modern Country Lady said...

Happy Christmas, Judy ( and family ).Your house looks like a fairy tale so pretty!!XOXO Bea

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

What a fabulous tour! Everything looks wonderful for the holidays :)

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh everything is just as pretty as can be in you beautiful home!! You have done a fantastic job. Wish I had a pretty staircase to decorate like that! Mine are just boring stairs!

Love the little nativity set too!

bee blessed
mary

At The Picket Fence said...

Everything looks so beautiful Judy! You are definitely all set for next weekend! :-)
Vanessa

Gina said...

Your home is beautiful, Judy! It looks like its ready for the big day.

Debbiedoos said...

Looks so beautiful Judy. You are ready!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Your home looks lovely and festive - beautiful tree and I love your PB dishes!! Happy Holidays!

Becca Bertotti said...

Looks absolutely gorgeous!! Love your full, beautiful tree and your banister is fantastic!

Lorna said...

So beautiful! I love how full your tree looks.

Sarah said...

Your house looks gorgeous! I love how you use meaningful ornaments and your tree is still "fancy" looking :) That's a hard thing to pull off!

Holly @ Bella Nest said...

Hi, Judy! I love your Christmas decor and that you put the true meaning of Christmas in there as well! Jesus is the reason for the season! Thank you so much for stopping by Bella Nest! I'm your newest fan!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Your home is beautiful. I love the "Believe" sign. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm now following you back.

Liza said...

Everything looks great, I love your entryway, its very beautiful. Merry Christmas!

Ivy@let's get domestic said...

Your home is BEAUTIFULL!!!!We are working on ours and now your stairway is an inspiration to me.

Ivy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...