Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Few Additions to my Holiday Decor

Although most of my holiday decorating is done, there are a few more things I have added.  My dining room was ready, but I wanted to add a wreath to the window.

I started with an old wreath I had in the house.  This wreath didn't even make the cut this year and was still in the Christmas boxes in the basement closet.
 I starting it's transformation by removing all of the old ribbon.
Next I created a bow out of new ribbon I got on sale as Michaels.  You can click here for my tutorial on how to make these easy bows.  At the moment I can't seem to find my floral wire, but I refuse to buy more because I know I have two spools of it somewhere, so instead I just used twist ties (that you would use on a sandwich bag) to make my bows.  It works just as well.

I took different ribbon, which I also got for 50% off at Michaels a week or so ago, and weaved it around the wreath.  Then I added bronze ornaments all around.
I hung it in the dining room window.  I had a hard time getting a decent photo of the wreath.
I tied it to my curtain rod using ribbon.
My dining room is basically ready.  My table is all set for Christmas Eve.
While I was in Home Goods last week, I came across these napkin rings.

Although these napkin rings are not Christmas per se...I just LOVE dragon flies in home decor, so they came home with me.  Tomorrow we will be setting up the kitchen and beginning preparation for Christmas Eve dinner.  We will be adding extra dining tables to the kitchen in order to accommodate the 30 people we have coming for Christmas Eve.  I will share the menu with you tomorrow.

Are you ready for the holidays?

-Judy

9 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

LOVE the ribbons you found, Judy! And here I thought I'd put myself on a spending freeze in January, but I'm thinking that's not going to happen! : ) The wreath looks great. I understand about shots that include a window ~ I always hope for a sunny day, but when it's a shot that includes the window, they don't quite come out the way you want. A very Merry Christmas to you and your family!

A Hint of Home said...

Love the idea of wreaths on the windows.
Yours turned out so pretty!
Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Lovely final primp ;-)

Susan Anderson said...

Great new ribbon. I really love that look!

=)

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Super cute wreath. Love that Happy Holidays ribbon.

At The Picket Fence said...

I love it Judy! I almost bought that same exact ribbon at Michael's. :-) Everything looks so beautiful and all ready for the big day!
Vanessa

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Your dining room looks beautiful and the wreath just adds the right touch. The room looks very elegant. Thanks again for recently featuring my foyer, I was honored.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones.---------- Shannon

An Oasis in the Desert said...

It looks very nice, Judy. I just love taking some old forgotten "has-been" decor item (it seems especially easy with Christmas stuff) & breathing new life into it. Makes the item even more special because of the effort.
CAS

Linda said...

Wow sounds like you are going to be as busy as us.
Starts Christmas eve, Christmas day and then onto Boxing Day. Your wreath turned out lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...