Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Year in Review

2011 was my first full year of blogging.  The year was filled with lots of DIY projects, crafts and ideas. 
 Here's a recap month by month.
January
I started the year off with a makeover to my daughter's room taking it
 from toddler to tween...or so I thought.  

Who would have thought that the room update wouldn't even last until the end of the year?

February
These almost no-sew pillows that I created out of placemats I found at Home Goods 
were one of my most popular posts.  These pillows took no time to make.
March
In March I took on my first board and batten project and revealed a whole new mud room.
It's so amazing the difference just the board and batten made...even before all the finishing touches.
Also in March I created this beautiful ottoman out of an old Christmas stand. 

April

In April I created a pillow and a tote bag using four dinner napkins I found at Home Goods.
May
In May I took a Craigslist find and turned it into something special using chalk paint and drop cloths to reupholster it.  Now it's an awesome chair in my guest bedroom.
June
In June I updated our downstairs bathroom with paint and accessories.
There were some projects in that bathroom as well...

and...

July
I picked up my first trash from the side of the road and created a treasure out of it.  My kids were mortified, but were impressed once they saw how I made over these chairs.  
 August
It finished off our outdoor patio perfectly.
September
In September I made lined pinch pleat drapes for my guest bedroom.  They were a little time consuming, but very easy.  The tutorial is here.
October
Who could forget October when I climbed up above my front door and decorated
 Is there anything I won't do in the name of decorating??
November
In November I updated my daughter's room.  She was finally ready for a full size bed and wanted the colors more tween-like.  I knew her original makeover was a temporary fix, I just didn't realize how temporary...what I didn't count on was the changes that happen when you start Middle School.

December
In December I created this Pottery Barn Teen inspired style tile board for a fraction of the cost.
  A few days later I made these fabric covered letters to go above the memo board.

I want to take a moment to thank all of you.  Whether you stop by everyday or just once in a while, I appreciate all of your visits.  I look forward to a wonderful 2012!!
Happy New Year!
-Judy

15 comments:

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your photos are Beautiful sweet lady.
I hope you have a wonderful New Year with your family.
XXOO Diane
Come see me if you can.

Ange said...

Don't you love looking back at all you have accomplished this year? You have been one busy lady and of course it is all wonderful and beautiful! I love both of your daughter's bedroom looks and of course the guest room looks fab too! So glad I read your blog and had fun doing Roomspiration with you! Have a very Happy New Year!

Debbiedoos said...

You did some awesome projects Judy! All wonderful, and I do remember each one like it was yesterday. Happy New year!

dee dee said...

Wow, all your projects turned out so well! Wonderful work!
Dee Dee

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Was it October you did that ledge over your front door, Judy? Time just flew by! You certainly accomplished a lot when you look at it monthly. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do in the coming year! Happy New Year!

debbie refresh restyle said...

Judy, You've had an amazing year! love all your projects, I can't pick a favorite...they're all great!
Debbie

Pamela said...

Judy your year in review is fabulous! Can you come over and help me decorate my window area above the front door!?;) Love everything!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

AMAZING transformations Judy! I love them all!! Martina

Laura said...

Hi Judy-
What an amazing year you had!
Your home and all of your projects are wonderful.

Have a Happy New Year,

Enjoyed visiting-

Laura
White Spray Paint

Gina said...

You had a busy 2011! Lots of creativity, lots of amazing projects. Looking forward to seeing what you're up to in 2012!

Terri said...

You have had a busy year, Judy! I'm still on the fence as to whether to have my kitchen cabinets glazed and distressed to break up that matchy matchy look and looking at your kitchen redo post really inspired me. I think I'm going for the island only since my cabinets are in such good shape. Thanks for helping me visualize what it'll look like! Happy New Year!!!

Jo @ Let's Face the Music said...

Unbelieveable progress in one year! You're right about the board and batten making a huge difference. Thanks too for your weekly link party. Jo @ Let's Face the Music

Unknown said...

great jobs and some great idea's thanks for sharing looking forward to following you in 2012

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Judy,

WOW! Some great year of makeovers!!!

Happy New year!
Dee

Canova said...

You did some awesome projects Judy! All wonderful, and I do remember each one like it was yesterday. Happy New year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...