Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Our Christmas Tree 2011

Thank you all for your kind comments on my Christmas mantle, banister and dining room.  Today I am excited to share with you the main attraction...our Christmas tree.

We have a two story great room in my home and our Christmas tree is the star of the show.  
Standing at ten feet tall, it is visible all the way from the front door.  
For me, Christmas is so much about family and traditions.  

Our tree is filled with ornaments each having special meaning.  
From the ornaments we bring home from every single vacation...
to the ornaments I have had since I was a child.  Each ornament holds a special place in my heart.  Each year we all get so excited to see these ornaments again.  As we decorate the tree, the kids have conversations listing their favorite ornaments or they talk about where they got each ornament.  
We try to take at least a little time each day to sit and just watch the tree together.  

What tree would be complete without a train going around it?

Don't forget to stop back tonight at 8pm EST to join my weekly link party.  Hope to see you then.

-Judy






14 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Judy your tree is gorgeous! I love the fullness it has. Martina

Gina said...

Your tree is gorgeous, Judy! I love that it has so many ornaments with special meaning. That's the way it should be!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your tree is really gorgeous, Judy! We do the same thing with ornaments and also have one from Cooperstown when we went several years ago.

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness, the tree is amazing! I love ornaments which special meaning, so precious.

Roberta said...

Your tree is very nice !! Roberta

Debra said...

So pretty! I love how you can see the tree from the front door. I love looking at ornaments on others' trees - they tell a story.

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy! What a beautiful tree! It's gorgeous!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Traci said...

Very pretty! I have a tree in my kitchen that has ornaments from all of our vacations.

Susan Anderson said...

What an incredible tree. I can't even imagine decorating such a tall one. I have trouble with my 7-footer! (I almost fell in to the tree while decorating a top branch last week...)

=)

Unknown said...

So lovely! Can't wait to have our great room done for next year :-). We're tiny freeing it this year.

Debbiedoos said...

Judy I love your tree! So pretty and so bright.

At The Picket Fence said...

Your tree is incredible Judy! It is so full and lush and everything is just so beautiful! :-)
Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Your tree is gorgeous! I love the train! I just love the special ornaments! Beautiful!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Everything looks so amazing, Judy! From your bannisters, to your dining table, to your tree, everything is stunning. Love that PB tablerunner! And, of course, Sara should have her own stocking. Our little Abby has one!
CAS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...