Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Feast of the Seven Fishes and Simple Name Cards

We host Christmas Eve each year and we do so with a traditional Italian feast of the seven fishes meal.  Today will be spent prepping as much as we can so that we are ready for tomorrow night.
We have thirty people coming for Christmas Eve dinner, so we have started to set the extra tables necessary in order for everyone to have a seat.  
We always frame our menu to let people know what's coming up next.  It helps everyone pace themselves as well.  Lol

Using a bread basket, a candle and some ornaments, I created this simple centerpiece this morning for the kitchen table.  (Just so you know, I ironed that tablecloth twice...I can't get those creases out).

I also made these simple name cards using scrapbook paper (card stock weight).
I cut each name card to size, scored it in the middle and then using a scrap piece of paper used it as a guide so that my glue went on in a straight line.
I then flipped it over and dipped it into the glitter.
Voila!  Then I used a silver Sharpie and wrote each adult's name on a card.
I am one step closer to being ready.

Also, the Alexander Creative giveaway is still going on.  There's still time to join here.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas filled with peace, love and joy!

-Judy

10 comments:

Ange said...

What a fun dinner you are hosting! Cute place card idea too, like the glitter dipped end. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Susan Anderson said...

What a wonderful, traditional meal. Methinks they are in for a rare treat!

Merry Christmas to all of you...

=)

At The Picket Fence said...

Sounds like such a fantastic dinner! Love the idea of the place card holders and the framed menu made me feel full just looking at it. LOL! If I don't make it back over here again I just wanted to wish you a very blessed Christmas Judy and I hope you have a fantastic time celebrating with your family. :-) We treasure your friendship!
Vanessa

Traci said...

That meal sounds AMAZING!!!! I hope y'all have a Merry Christmas!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Have a wonderful Christmas Judy!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

How nice that you can do a sit down dinner, Judy! I used to do a buffet style when I hosted at my house and I didn't have anywhere near 30 people coming! Love your simple yet festive centerpiece.

Kellie Collis said...

Gorgeous table! Have a wonderful Christmas, Kellie xx

kopi.J said...

WOW! I Love it...
and i thing thats good for you >>

The Series
HOROSCOPE
NEW MOVIE
HOW TO

Thank you!

boy said...

This is my blog. Click here.
คู่ไหนดีที่นักแทงบอลมักเลือกเพื่อทำเงินกันมากมาย
Sbo24
daymanjesus

edok69 said...

This is my blog. Click here.
วิธีดูราคาบอล ดูยังไงให้ทำกำไรมากกว่าเดิม

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...