Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Valentine's Day Surprise

Happy Valentine's Day!
It's a beautiful brisk day here in New York.  Overnight we got some more snow.
 I think it looks so beautiful clinging to the trees.  

Yesterday was a busy day in our house.  The painters started repairing the sheetrock in the basement and putting the walls back together.  I had workers coming and going all day long.  My husband mentioned that he was expecting a package that would need a signature.  I was home all day anyhow so I told him I would be there to sign for it.  The doorbell rang around noon and I opened the door to a man wearing a black shirt with an emblem on it that I recognized, although I couldn't figure out why I recognized it.  He said, "hi, I'm from Ethan Allen and I have a delivery of a library table for you today."  I was visibly shocked.  It was the Ethan Allen emblem I recognized.  He said, "you don't seem to be expecting us."  In a few seconds I started to process exactly what was happening.  I have wanted the library table from Ethan Allen for years, but never wanted to spend the money on it.


This was the best Valentine's Day gift...ever!! 
Quickly I tried to explain that this must be a surprise from my husband and that I have wanted this table forever and I was so excited that they were here.  I probably sounded a little wacky to the delivery guys, but I was just so darn happy.  The delivery guy asked if I knew where I wanted it.
Of course I knew exactly where I wanted it...I have dreamed of it for so long.
I had them set it up in my family room.

I styled it quickly, but plan on putting something better together.


I have always loved the detail on this piece.
This was the best surprise and the most perfect Valentine's Day gift.
Some girls want flowers and candy... some jewelry.
Me...a gorgeous piece of furniture from Ethan Allen...I'm one happy girl!

This is 26th Valentine's Day that I have been lucky enough to share with the man who is my husband.  Thank you honey for always bringing so much joy to my life.

-Judy

Pin It

11 comments:

Ange said...

Happy day for you! Beautiful table and I love that you knew exactly where to put it and styled it up. What a sweet husband, I'm not a big lover of gifts but this would definitely make me happy. Enjoy your day!

Laura @ duke manor farm said...

those are the best gifts- the one's that are totally unexpected. Happy Valentines day to you. Enjoy your new table!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Happy V-Day Judy!! Wasn't the scenery beautiful this morning!

Much Ado About Somethin said...

Awww - what a sweet way for your husband to surprise you! The table is BEAUTIFUL.

NanaDiana said...

What a beautiful piece, Judy! I love all the detailing, too. Happy V-Day! xo Diana

Kathy@ Gone North said...

The table is beautiful, but more Beautiful is that your sweet husband knew your heart, knew what would make you happy with the perfect gift. Love it...
(& what a perfect example of love to your kids... : )

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

How fun, such a beautiful table. I am with you, I would really prefer the table to flowers and candy. Hugs, marty

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a wonderful Hubby you have! The unexpected gifts are so much fun! Looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a wonderful Hubby you have! The unexpected gifts are so much fun! Looks beautiful.

miss flibbertigibbet said...

What a sweet surprise! We have a huge Ethan Allen here and I love to browse there for inspiration!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

What a great surprise...he's definitely a keeper!!...I too received a piece of furniture for Valentine's Day...My hubby gave me a choice...a new chair or jewelry...no brainer....the chair!...The Ethan Allen table is gorgeous!
Enjoy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...