Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Craft Closet Ideas

Since the basement is about to undergo a major renovation (you can read all about it here), I have been brainstorming different ways of better utilizing space.   One space that I would like to consider using in a different way is my kids toy closet.  
This was the toy closet before we emptied it this weekend, and the plan was that this would be the toy closet after the renovation.
  There are other closets in the basement where the toys could relocate (plus I plan on editing what goes back into the room).  After emptying the toy closet, I started to dream of what else it could become.
Image
I would love a craft/sewing closet.  For years I have wanted a craft/sewing room, but have always found it difficult to justify changing an entire room for this purpose.  How great would it be if I could have all of my craft and sewing supplies together, rather than in multiple closets and drawers throughout the house.  There is already a bare bulb in the closet which I could easily switch out for a chandelier.  I already have a fixture that has been screaming for a makeover, that I know would be perfect.
Image
The Container Store has their 30% off sale going on until next Tuesday.  
This would be a perfect time for me to set up an awesome craft/sewing closet like this.
Image
There are bits and pieces of all of these inspiration photos that I would love to use in my closet.
Any transformation will have to begin with a fabulous backdrop, like the beautiful wallpaper used here by Remodelaholic.
Image
Image
My friend Ange, from the Blooming Hydrangea created this closet office from a closet who's before photo looks a lot like my before photo. I have always loved the stencil she did on the back wall.

Now I'm really starting to get excited about this project.
What do you think - good idea for a craft/sewing closet?

Don't forget to stop back tonight for my Winter Blues Wednesday party.


The party opens at 8pm EST.  Hope to see you then.

-Judy

Pin It

4 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I think it's a great idea, Judy! You'd get the space you want without feeling like you've used a whole room. Plus, if you can relocate the items that would have gone back in here, then it's virtually just waiting for you to do something with it. : )

LJ said...

What a great way to recapture space and make it useful and pretty! Can't wait to see what you come up with. Sharon

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Great ideas to share Judy, wouldn't it be nice to turn a closet into something like one of these ideas.

Donna Wilkes said...

I am drooling over the inspiration craft closets you featured. Good luck with yours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...