Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Update on Putting the Basement Back Together

I have been busy, busy, busy putting our basement back together after the remediation and getting my craft closet all together (we think we're going to start calling it the lower level as it looks so beautiful now).  As you know, we discovered mold in our basement and had to have the entire basement remediated.  As part of the remediation, we had to have our drapes dry-cleaned.
I brought the drapes to our dry cleaner.  As you can see in the photo above, the drapes just kissed the floor (and I had a 5" hem which I kept that long just in case we ever changed the flooring...who knew it would be so soon). 
After dry cleaning, the drapes do not come close to the floor even with the hem taken away (that's a raw edge you see).  Somehow the drapes shrunk 5-10 inches (the two sides did not evenly shrink and one side is worse than the other, but both sides are floods now).  The drapes are 100% linen, but they were dry cleaned...not washed.  Why would they shrink?  The dry cleaner does not want to take responsibility so I am going there this morning to try and work this out.  
As for the craft closet, it is really coming together. 
 I have been creating storage boxes using pretty liner paper and shoe boxes (my kids go through sneakers like crazy so we have tons of shoe boxes in our house).
I also created more storage containers using these.

It's just a tease, but hopefully by early next week I will have the full reveal.
Anyone have any idea why my drapes would shrink so badly?

Have a great weekend.

-Judy
Pin It

4 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my word, I can't even imagine. The cleaners must have washed them or something. Unreal. Hope you get them to replace them. Can't wait to see the boxes and your craft area. Hugs, Marty

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That's too bad, Judy. Will you bring both pictures to show them? Can't wait to see how your craft closet is coming along. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

How frustrating! What about adding a band of fabric to the bottom of the drapes to make up for the lost inches?
Amelia

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

I hope the cleaners are helping to fix the situation! Excited to see the craft closet!

Have a great weekend!

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...