Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

DIY Gift Bags

Gifts bags are expensive and sometimes you need one and just don't have time to go and buy one.  Well they are easy to make in a jiffy with items you probably already have on hand.

Here's what you will need:

Scrapbook paper (or any pretty paper you have)
glue stick
ribbon for handles
hole punch (or sharp pencil to make the hole for the handles)

Since Valentine's Day is around the corner, I decided to use some of my favorite Valentine's Day scrapbook paper.  I used a 12"x12" sheet and cut off four inches to make it 8"x12".
Then on the back side I drew out lines as in the photo above.  First I folded the top 1" down.  Then I folded all of the vertical solid lines and did an additional fold on the dotted lines.
After I glued it together in step four, I folded the bottom like I would wrap a gift and glued it as well.  Then I punched two holes on each side and added some left over pink ribbon.  
A heart embellishment for Valentine's Day and my gift bag was done!

In less than ten minutes I had a cute little gift bag.  If you want to make a bigger gift bag, you would just adjust all of the measurements up. 

I can't wait to hear what you think of my little gift bags.  

Don't forget to stop back tonight for my Winter Blues Wednesday party.


The party opens at 8pm EST.  Hope to see you then.

-Judy

Pin It


Sharing with Savvy Southern Style

5 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Such a great idea, Judy, and a great use for all the scrapbook paper I have! I love the pink and white striped paper that you used.

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
This is a great IDEA thanks so much. I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day with your family.
XXOO Diane

Gina said...

I never thought of making my own gift bags! Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

Christy James said...

How clever! I'm pinning:)
xo,
Christy

http://www.confessionsofaserialdiyer.com

Unknown said...

Nice gift box preparation. I like this design very much.

Gift Bags and Boxes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...