Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Chair Makeover

I spent the weekend working on my craft closet.  It's taking a while to go through all of the closets where I have stuff stashed and organize it all in my new space.  Hopefully I will be sharing it with you in the next few days.  I needed a chair for the space, so I went up in the attic and brought down a chair which has gone through many makeovers in the past.
Here is it's latest transformation.
This chair was in my daughter's room a few years ago. I probably could have left it white with the pink fabric, but I really wanted something more fun for my new craft space.
When I saw this awesome fabric, I was inspired to spray the chair turquoise.  Unfortunately it's still cold here, but patience is not one of my virtues, so I went outside and spray painted it quickly.  Then I carefully brought it inside to dry.  I figured even though it was under 40 degrees outside, it was warm inside and hopefully it would all work out.
Here's some tips when covering a chair seat.  First, if you are using a large scale pattern like I have, be sure to decide which part of the pattern you would like for your seat.  In my case I decided to focus on the paisley section with the flower in the center.
I start on one side and then work my way to the corners.  
I fold the corners into thirds and staple as I go.
After I finish off the bottom I cut off the excess fabric.
This chair is going to look so good in my new craft closet.
Here's a reminder of what the craft closet looks like so far.
Can't wait to share the finished closet!

What do you think of my fun, funky turquoise chair?

-Judy
Pin It

10 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

YOur chair is so fun, love the color and new fabric. I also really like the stencil on the closet wall. This is going to be a super space. Hugs, Marty

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Fun color for the chair, Judy! It will look great in place in your crafting closet. You will probably find things you forgot you had in supplies, as you go through your other closets. I remember being pleasantly surprised at all I found when I was putting my craft/sewing room together.

Reunion Committee said...

the chair is great, but I cant wait to see the closet! So cool!
Tana

MTWaggin said...

I'm still drooling over the wall!

LJ said...

This is a cheerful chair! Love it! It will look so good in your closet space!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I LOVE IT Judy!! Love the stenciled wall in your craft closet too!

Lisa said...

Such a great way to bring in a fun color! It's adorable! :) Lisa @ {createinspire}

Cynthia said...

The new chair is great, I love the color and the fabric is very pretty.

Cynthia

Cristina Garay said...

Gorgeous! I love the color and that fabric is beautiful too!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the chair and the fabric is so bright and cheery..a great transformation and updated look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...