Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Getting Closer

We are really making progress on the basement remediation/remodel project.  Saturday the painters finished.  They were there from Wednesday to Saturday repairing the walls where the remediation process took place with new sheetrock, re-caulking all of the moldings (they were all pulled back during the remediation to check for mold), painting all of the doors and molding and then painting the walls and ceiling.
 Here's a sneak peak as to where we are at.
The walls are now Standish White and the ceiling Patriotic White.
It's tough to get a good photo of the color on the ceiling, but it is a pale blue/grey color.  I didn't want to go too dark with the ceiling as there is minimal natural light in the basement and I didn't want the ceiling to feel too heavy or have the color hit you as soon as you enter the room.  It's subtle, but very effective, especially in person.
 I am loving the Standish White on the walls.  The room seems much bigger and has a completely different feeling.
One of the most exciting parts of the basement is my new craft/sewing closet.  Here is the color I chose for the wall - Benjamin Moore San Clemente Teal.  
I can't wait to get this closet all organized.
We added laminate "hard wood" floors to the closet.  I have all of the supplies ready to organize the closet.  I can't wait to reveal it soon.
The new carpet comes today.  They are bringing extra workers to try and get it done in one day.  
I can't wait to reveal the entire space.  

Have a great day!
-Judy

Pin It

9 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I'll bet you are glad all this work is coming to an end, Judy. Love the new paint color. Your craft area is going to look great.

Laura @ duke manor farm said...

Judy- how exciting for you. I used Pallidum Blue in my master bedroom for years until I just recently painted it. Looking forward to seeing your finished space!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Everything is looking amazing, love the colors. Hugs, Marty

Much Ado About Somethin said...

Love the colors you've picked out...and I'm glad your walls are full walls again!

Ches said...

This is looking really nice...I love the carpet you chose

Unknown said...

Love the colors. Is that a stencil or wallpaper on your media wall. Also, I have been in love with palladium blue for years but have yet to have the chance to use it in a space.

Amelia

Maria Elena said...

Great color scheme! It looks amazing! What a clever idea making room for a craft closet. I know it will be beautiful!

Cynthia said...

Everything is coming together and I love the color for the craft closet. Great use of space. Can't wait to see it finished.

Cynthia

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Beautiful color choice...can't wait to see the fruits of your labor of love!!...Love the craft area color!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...