Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Crafty Gifts

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. 
The weather was just beautiful yesterday and our whole family was here to celebrate.  
This is one of the gifts I made my mom.  I bought a frame and cut a piece of scrapbook paper to size.  Then using my Silhouette machine, I cut out this saying out of white vinyl 
and added it to the outside of the frame.
You could do this with any saying for any occasion. 
For my mother-in-law and two sisters-in-lawI found this beautiful fabric at JoAnn's.
They had all admired the iPad pillow I made my daughter a few weeks ago (you can check out here how I made this).  I decided to make one for each of them.
Here is a close-up of the fabric.  I thought it was so girly and pretty and would go with any decor.
Here is a close-up of the back of the pillow. 
They all loved their iPad pillows.
It was really one of the best Mother's Days.
How about you?  How was your Mother's Day?
-Judy
Pin It

13 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You made great gifts, Judy! Love both these ideas. I was actually admiring that le jardin fabric at Joann's - in that exact colorway, too! Since we had to move a chair from our sunroom into our master, I thought it might be a fun slipcover fabric {a la Pier 1}. I haven't seen it since though, but that project would be for later in the year. Hopefully, I will see it again in that colorway.

{northern cottage} said...

ahh nice - thought you might enjoy this little mom print too - http://www.northerncottage.net/2012/05/home-is-where-your-mom-is.html

could be where grandma is as well!! :) xo

www.NorthernCottage.net

Susan Anderson said...

Love that plaque. And the pillows are terrific, too!

=)

Cynthia said...

Love the gifts. The pillows are beautiful I really like the fabric and colors. Just great!

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects! I need to make the frames!

Debbie said...

I not only love the gift your made for your mom, I love the words inside it. What a nice quote. The pillows are wonderful too.

personalised gifts said...

these are ridiculously adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Judy,
Love the framed sayings. You did such a great job on those pillows.
They go nicely with the room.
Pat

Aledia said...

What lovely gifts! I'm sure they were just thrilled with them.

Have a wonderful evening!
Aledia @ Plum Perfect

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

I love that fabric on the pillows! The framed sentiments are great too.

laxsupermom said...

What sweet gifts! Love the fabric you used! Thanks for sharing.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love that sign and the pillows are such a fabulous gift. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Be Colorful Coastal said...

You are one multi talented woman. What great gifts. Lucky mamas. :D Thanks for sharing on BeColorful this week.
pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...