Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

The Tale of a Clock - It's a Mystery

Several years ago, well before blogging, I was wandering through Michaels craft store and stumbled upon this "French" clock on clearance.  I absolutely loved everything about it.  It was the perfect color and style for my master bathroom and looked just beautiful between our two sinks.
 It was also very useful.  My husband and I both relied on it each morning as we got ready.  
Then one day, more than a year ago, the clock stopped working.  I replaced the battery and it still didn't work.  I bought new batteries and it still didn't work.   I tried to take the clock apart but there was no way without breaking it.  I thought about having it repaired, but it would cost significantly more than what I spent on the clock in the first place.  I loved the way the clock looked so much that I just left it on our countertop.  It has sat on the countertop, not working, for more than a year now.  It has been a bit annoying to look at it day after day and know that the time wasn't right, but like I said, I really love it.  On several occasions my husband has requested that I purchase a new clock, but I have not been able to find something that fits the space so well or makes me as happy to look at.
Then two weeks ago, while I was brushing my teeth, I found myself looking at the clock.  I was trying to figure out if there was some way to take off the clear plastic over the face without breaking it.  While I was staring at it I realized that the second hand was actually moving!!  How could this be??  I stared at it for a few moments checking to see if the second hand was actually ticking consistently or just ticking in place.  It was really ticking!!  I reset the clock from the back and it continued to work.  Well it's been two weeks and it is still working.  I have absolutely no idea how this has happened.  
No one else has touched it. How bizarre is that????
Maybe the clock just needed a rest (for over a year)?
It's definitely a mystery.
I won't look a gift horse in the mouth...
I'm thrilled it's working again.  

Hope you all have a great weekend!
-Judy
Pin It

7 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That is weird, Judy! I say go with it for as long as it decides to continue working. : ) I wonder if you couldn't knock it out though, if it stops working again, and get one of those clock kits they sell at the craft stores to pop right in there.

Rona Gregory said...

I like to think that your continued love for the clock, even tho it no longer worked, was noticed by an angel who decided you deserved to be happy and set it right.

xx

Susan Anderson said...

Sounds like the universe has given you a mother's day present!

;)

NanaDiana said...

LOL-Judy-THAT is hysterical. I'd say it's probably a SHE with a mind of her own. And..what's that old saying...Even a clock that is broken is right twice a day. xo Diana BTW-It is a beautiful clock~!!

Michele said...

Clearly, the clock heard your husband's suggestions to pitch it out and decided it was time to get with the program rather than wind up in a garbage truck, heading to the landfill.

Myric said...

I love everything French!

There is a link party going on in my blog today. I would LOVE for you to share this :)
http://myricandreasen.blogspot.com/2012/05/link-party-and-give-away.html

xoxo
Myric

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love the clock and how fun is that. So glad it decided to work again. Hugs, Marty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...