Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Crochet Edge Basket

Hope you all had a great weekend.  Mine was busy from start to finish with parties,
 kid's sporting events and homework projects for the kids too. 
 I did have time to sneak in a small decorating project in the midst of my weekend.  
I started off with a wire basket that I had that came from an assortment of nuts 
(walnuts, almonds etc) that we had at Christmas.
I thought it would be nice to add a crochet trim.  I picked up a great color yarn last week, which I was anxious to use on a project.  My favorite crochet projects are the quick ones.  
I simply crocheted all around the top and then added a scallop border.  Then I added a crochet rosette.  You can check out here how to make one of those.
Then I added burlap and two bunches of flowers I had to the wire basket.

Simple project that really dressed up a plain wire basket.  The clock is a Home Goods find from a few months ago.  I just had to have it.  I love the rustic look.

Can't wait to hear what you think!!
I always love and appreciate your comments.
-Judy
Pin It

19 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That looks really pretty, Judy! I love the softness of the crochet edging with the roughness of the burlap.

laxsupermom said...

It was go, go, go for us this weekend, too(the whole week really.) Love the way the crocheted edging looks! So pretty! Thanks for sharing.

Moore Minutes said...

Ohh I've got to show this idea to my mom! She would love to try this. What a unique idea. I've never seen something like this and it is so pretty. <3

Moore Minutes said...

Also! I have a $50 fresh giveaway right now on my blog if you want to put your name in for the win! ;)

http://www.mooreminutes.com/2012/05/50-fresh-flower-giveaway-from-better.html

Cynthia said...

Very sweet I love the clock next to it too.

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy! You're the smartest one and this is so cute! Love your crocheted edging and the little flower. You really dressed up that wire basket.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Susan said...

How creative are you? This is stinking cute!! Love it!

NanaDiana said...

Really, really cute. Ummm...if I ever come to visit you maybe you should frisk me at the door just to make sure that clock didn't somehow jump into my pocket~ xo Diana

Rakesh Seo Expert said...

Nuveau Medspa provides Houston botox treatments, skincare and medical spa services in Houston, TexasHouston Botox

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Judy,

Your basket is adorable! The clock is sweet too.

Dee

ANNE said...

I love this so much!!!

Debbiedoos said...

That is so darling Judy! You are really getting great at the crochet touches on stuff.

Mandy said...

Judy, the basket turned out sooo cute! Great job.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Well you are so clever. I would never have thought to crochet around the top of a basket. It looks amazing and the burlap is such a great touch too. Fabulous flowers and I agree, the clock is wonderful. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Angie at Postcards from the Ridge said...

That's a great transformation of a simple wire basket. So pretty. And I'm in love with that clock. I just love home goods.
Angie

One More Time Events said...

What a. Nice touch. It all looks so good together

Gail said...

Oh Judy that is adorable! I love to crochet although I haven't for quite sometime now. I still have an afghan in a basket that is unfinished. Thanks for sharing and the inspiration, Gail

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I absolutely LOVE that! It's so cute and so romantic looking. What a fun idea!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I absolutely LOVE that! It's so cute and so romantic looking. What a fun idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...