Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mood Board for Family Room

I've been thinking for a while that I need to lighten up our family room in our basement. 
 A few years ago we reclaimed a portion of that space, that for years was one giant playroom, 
and made it into a family space.  I am a very visual person and it always helps me if I can see what a space will look like before I commit to anything.  The easiest way to try out my ideas was 
to make a mood board on Olioboard.
So here's what I'm thinking...  I am loving this Amy Butler wallpaper I recently found.  Before I buy it, I wanted to see how it would look in the space.  To create my mood board, I used similar looking furniture to what I have already.  I added punches of color throughout the mood board.
Here is what the room looks like currently.
I was thinking that the wallpaper and a lighter area rug could really transform the space.
I was thinking painting this end table an aqua color, like in my mood board,  
could be really cool.

I love designing on Olioboard.  How about you?

-Judy
Pin It

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Nice, I think the blue walls will be great. There seems to be too much brown in the space right now. I have that same problem in my family room.

Good luck with the wallpaper. Have you thought about stenciling instead?

Debbiedoos said...

Beautiful Judy. I have tried piddling with those mood boards and can't figure it out. You done good!

Gina said...

I have never tried Olioboard, but I do love that wallpaper! I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

laxsupermom said...

Love that wallpaper! It'll be such a nice injection of energy into your family room. Looking forward to seeing the board come alive.

Goldie said...

I like your mood board, and you are doing a good job of putting it into your own room :)

Carrie@comfortablycarriedaway said...

Judy, I just saw olioboard on the Nate Berkus show the other day for the first time. I am excited to play with it since I too am a visual person.Love the wallpaper! Make sure to share if you go for it.

Susan Anderson said...

It won't surprise you to know that I have never designed this way (or any other way for that matter) but it sounds like a great way to go!

=)

NanaDiana said...

Love all the inspiration you found and tapped into here. I have never tried the Olioboard but it looks like you have mastered it! xo Diana

Bliss said...

I just now heard of Olioboard, so I better go check it out. After a discouraging evening of couch hunting I need some help.

~Bliss~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...