Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Linen Closet Organized

I hope you all enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend...the unofficial kick-off of summer.  We were busy entertaining all weekend and spent almost every minute by the pool.  
It was a gorgeous weekend here.  
Although we were super busy, I did have time to sneak in organizing a closet.

It all started when I went into the linen closet in my son's bathroom.  His bathroom is the Jack and Jill bathroom between his room and my daughter's room.  He now uses that bathroom exclusively 

and my daughter uses the bathroom in the guest room exclusively.

Anyhow, I don't know the last time I went through this closet.  There were eight sets of twin sized sheets.  The only problem with that is that we no longer have any twin sized beds in the house!!  I did keep a few sets in the closet for when we go on vacation (we often rent a house in Cape Cod and you have to bring your own linens).  Then there were crib sheets (yep crib...even though my kids are 12 and 15) and other baby items. as well as expired medicines.  
After purging and donating and keeping only what I need,  the closet is so much more organized.  I used one bin for my son's things, one bin for my daughter's things and a bin for baby bath products (for when my three year old niece and nephew are over and use this bathroom).
I have to ask myself...what took me so long?

Don't forget to stop back tonight for my Swing into Spring party.


The party opens at 8pm EST.  Hope to see you then.

-Judy
Pin It

6 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

You just reminded me of what I need to do Judy! I wanted the hubby to add another shelf in all of them, but I'll have to wait on that one until his knee heals.

Theresa Fletcher said...

this is awesome. looks good!

Goldie said...

That looks so much cleaner, i dont think I have ever considered cleaning out the linen closet, but it looks like i may need to!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh it looks fabulous. I cleaned mine not long ago and like you, I was amazed at what all was in there. Great job. Hugs, Marty

Susan Anderson said...

Nice job on the closet!

=)

Unknown said...

Hi Judy, Great job on the cleaning and organizing. I have some closets that look like your Before picture! I have a post up about the Vinyl wall decal from your Giveaway that I won a while back. It inspired me to give my whole laundry room a facelift! Thanks again, http://beauxrevesamore.blogspot.com/2012/05/laundry-room-makeover.html
XO Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...