Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Door Sign

This is a door sign I made for my daughter's room.

It started out as a cross-stitch.  I then thought it would be fun to make it into a pillow.  So I took a piece of fabric the same size as the cross stitch and sewed them right sides together and stuffed it.  But that still seemed a little too plain to me.

So I crocheted a granny square the same size as my pillow in a super soft pink yarn (I taught myself how to crochet last year - it's not really hard to do at all).  I hand sewed the granny square to the back of my pillow.  I then cut hand sewed a ribbon on top to hang it on the door.

Last I glued the pom pom trim to the edge of the granny square using fabric tac.

A cute use of my cross-stitch project.  Hope you try it.

I'll be busy all day today doing my Christmas decorating throughout my house.  Have a great weekend.

-Judy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...