Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

I have a thing for chandeliers

In looking around my house this weekend, I realized, I really have a thing for chandeliers.  Not that it came as a shock to me.  I absolutely love chandeliers.   A chandelier can completely change the look of a room.  For years the only place I had a chandelier was in the dining room.  I don't know exactly when it happened, but somewhere along the way I started adding chandeliers to many of the rooms in my home. Each chandelier is completely perfect for the room it was chosen for.  This little beauty is in my daughter's bathroom.  It was less than $100 from Home Depot but the impact it makes in the room is priceless.

Below is the Schonbek chandelier we have in my daughter's bedroom.  When I saw this in the lighting store I knew it would be perfect.  My father and husband added the electrical box to the ceiling so that she could have a chandelier.
Here is the perfect solution to my fan issue in my master bedroom.  A fan with a chandelier attachment.  How clever.

This chandelier is between my master bedroom and my master bathroom.  My husband had a business trip to Prague.  I knew that they were know for crystal.  I asked him to bring me back a small chandelier. I didn't give him any other guidance other than I wanted it to be beautiful (no pressure there...right?).  He rose to the occasion and brought back this gorgeous chandelier.  One little problem...when we opened the box the chandelier was not put together at all and there were no real instructions...the only piece of paper in the box was in another language with a picture showing the crystal placement.  Luckily my husband is very handy and together we were able to figure it out.  But there was one more issue...the canopy (the silver part you see at the ceiling) on a european fixture is smaller than one from the United States.  The silver canopy didn't cover the hole in the ceiling.  Therefore we had to buy a ceiling medallion to cover up the existing hole in the ceiling from the American fixture than used to hang there.  It was so worth the extra time it took to deal with those problems in order for me to have this stunning fixture hang in my home.

This is my latest chandelier.  When we bought our home we picked a very basic ceiling fixture.  We lived with that fixture for ten years.  The biggest issue was that we could never clean the fixture as it was not on a light lift.  That was the main reason for delaying buying a new one.  I wasn't going to invest in a chandelier that I couldn't clean.  When we found out we could have a light lift retrofitted into our home, we began our hunt for the perfect chandelier.  For me the best choice was this gorgeous chandelier from ABC Crystal.  It changed the whole look of the house.  Now I really have to address that window above the front door.  Any ideas?


Ironically, my chandelier in my dining room does not have any crystal.  My dining room has more of a french country feel to it.  I still love this chandelier (even without any crystal).

 This chandelier is over our kitchen table.  The kitchen has an English/French country feel to it.
I love the uniqueness of this chandelier.  It is over our kitchen island.  It is also from ABC Crystal.
Last but not least is my powder room chandelier.  The perfect lighting for that room.
Although I'm running out of places to put a chandelier, I am also sure this won't be my last chandelier.  Do you love chandeliers too?  Let me know what you think.  I love and appreciate comments.

 -Judy

10 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Well it only seems appropriate, the header for your blog shows a chandelier. Thanks for the tour of chandeliers throughout your home! :) Can one ever have too many? I don't think so...next you'll be finding one to hang in some spot in your new backyard! Janell

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

♥♥♥ I completely LOVE chandeliers too! I have one in every room except for the upstairs where the ceilings are not tall enough & I have been bugging my husband to hang one in the garage! All of your chandeliers are so gorgeous!!!!!!

Erin said...

Love your chandis Judy! I like them, but usually love looking at others'! Too much cleaning for me:)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

They are all gorgeous. Each one seems so perfect where you have it. I love them. Hugs, Marty

Kim said...

My goodness, I think you are the chandy queen! I'm a chandy girl myself and just can't seem to get enough. Yours are all gorgeous!
xoxo,
Kim

Vanessa said...

This was such a fun tour Judy! Seeing all your gorgeous light fixtures makes me even more motivated to finish updating all of ours! I have been having a hard time finding just the right one for my daughter's room and I want something similar to the one in your daughter's bathroom. How long ago did you get that one? I truly love coming over here and seeing all of the wonderful eye candy! :-)
Vanessa

Sarah, Three Boys said...

love the chandeliers! But more importantly, your kitchen!! It is gorgeous. Do you mind if I ask what color your cabinets are?

Susan said...

Love them all! They definitely add a touch of glamour...and the lighting they give off is so romantic and magical!

Sarah, Three Boys said...

Thanks for the info! I will be moving on to cabinet painting in the near future. A daunting task, but I know it will look great in the long run! I think we have the same granite counters and I very similar back-splash. I would be thrilled if my cabinets looked even remotely like yours! And I am following back!

Kaye said...

I love chandeliers too. I'm currently on the hunt for one to hang in the corner of my livingroom. I have a small round table in the corner and I don't want a lamp taking up most of the room, plust my 2 yr. old keeps grabbing it. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...