Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Outdoor patio - Almost done

Before I get to the updated pictures of the patio, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone.  I've been blogging for the past six weeks or so and reached the 50 follower milestone overnight.  I am very excited and grateful to all who enjoy this blog.

The outdoor patio is almost done.  Actually, the patio is done.  But Houston...we have a problem.    Do you remember the beautiful granite we picked out a few weeks ago:

It turns out that this particular granite, called white wave, only comes in 112" lengths.  Apparently other granites come in 132" lengths.  The reason this is an issue is that our outdoor kitchen is on a curve.  Because there is so much movement in this granite (see how the granite looks like waves) it would be very difficult to match up the waves and there would be many more seams which would be hard to cover  since it is so short.  I totally understand the issue, but that doesn't mean I'm not a little disappointed.  So this weekend we must pick another granite.  But in the meantime, let me show you how amazing the patio turned out:

From left to right - storage area, pizza oven, warming drawer with two drawers underneath, side burner, grill, refrigerator, and seating area (where you see white pvc pipe will be a hole in the granite so that we can put an umbrella over the seating area.

All of the appliances are from Lynx.  Especially since we live in New York, where the winters are a little rough, it was important for us to buy the best appliances available.  After researching the options we discovered that Lynx was the only way to go.

Here is a small sample of another granite that might work.  Have to give it some thought.

View of fire pit and walkway to the front of the house.


View from walkway to patio.  You can see how huge it really is.

We were able to incorporate our fountain back into the design.  See it in the flower bed area.

I love the stairs and love the stone veneer on the foundation.  The back of my house never looked so good.

I am so thrilled at how it came out.  Our contractor Pete Proulx Landscaping was just amazing.  He created all of this in four weeks.


Before


After


AMAZING.  

Can't wait to hear what you think.  Let me know.  

-Judy
Check out my sidebar to see what link parties I am joining today.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Looks great Judy, hope the granite issue gets solved:)

Traci said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! Can't wait to see it all finished!!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Gasp! Stunning! :) The granite is so beautiful. I can see why you're a little disappointed. I'll bet you'll find something spectacular this weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

Vanessa said...

Seriously Judy! This is my DREAM backyard! You guys are making perfect choices and I cannot wait to see how it all turns out! :-)
Vanessa

Debbiedoos said...

UMMMM...can I say jealous? That would be my honest thought:)...kidding aside, it is amazing and you are so going to enjoy that outdoor space. It is dreamy!

Unknown said...

So glad you’ve made better use of the lot, Judy! I wouldn’t want to think of the ‘white wave’ you didn’t get, even if it really is gorgeous. Your patio is so amazing now to cry over spilled milk! I would want to spend some lazy Sunday there grilling BBQ! :D -->Elizbeth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...